KLOR-CON POWDER Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Potassium (as chloride) 20mEq/packet; pwd for oral soln; orange flavor.
Upsher-Smith Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for KLOR-CON POWDER:
Hypokalemia, including that caused by diuretics. Digitalis intoxication without AV block.
Take with meals and fluids. Swallow tabs whole; may break Klor-Con M tabs in half, or mix in 4oz water. Effervescent tabs, pwd: dissolve in beverage. Prophylaxis: 20mEq daily. Treatment: 40–100mEq daily in divided doses; max 20mEq/dose.
Hyperkalemia. Chronic renal disease. Acute dehydration. Heat cramps. Severe tissue destruction. Adrenal insufficiency. Familial periodic paralysis. Acidosis (potassium chloride products). Alkalosis (potassium bicarbonate products). Tablets: Esophageal compression due to enlarged left atrium. Decreased GI motility.
Discontinue if GI bleed, ulceration, or other disturbances occur. Renal or cardiac disease. Monitor potassium level, clinical status, acid-base balance, and ECG. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Hyperkalemia with ACE inhibitors, spironolactone, triamterene, amiloride, and potassium-containing salt substitutes. Anticholinergics, other agents that decrease GI motility increase risk of serious GI reactions with tablets.
Hyperkalemia, GI discomfort and irritation, diarrhea, rash (rare). Tablets: Esophageal and GI ulceration, bleeding, obstruction, perforation.
M10—90, 100, 1000; M15—100, 1000; M20—90, 100, 500, 1000; Klor-Con 8, 10—100, 500; Pwd—30, 100; Klor-Con/EF—30, 100
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Follow-Up After Treatment Lacking for Younger Cancer Survivors
- Adjuvant Vemurafenib Does Not Improve Disease-Free Survival in Melanoma
- Profile of Buparlisib and its Potential in the Treatment of Breast Cancer: Evidence to Date
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|