Generic Name and Formulations:
Diphtheria and tetanus toxoids, acellular pertussis vaccine, aluminum hydroxide adsorbed; inactivated polio vaccine; susp for IM inj; preservative-free; contains traces of formaldehyde, polysorbate 80, neomycin, polymixin B.
Indications for KINRIX:
Immunization against diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, and polio: As the 5th dose in the DTaP immunization series and the 4th dose in the inactivated poliovirus vaccine (IPV) series in children 4–6 years of age (before 7th birthday) who previously received Infanrix (DTaP) and/or Pediarix (DTaP, HB, IPV) for the first 3 doses and Infanrix for the 4th dose.
<4yrs or ≥7yrs: not recommended. 4–6yrs: One dose of 0.5mL IM in deltoid muscle.
Anaphylaxis associated with previous diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, or polio vaccine. Encephalopathy within 7 days of previous pertussis vaccine. Progressive neurological disorders (eg, infantile spasms, uncontrolled epilepsy, progressive encephalopathy).
Guillain-Barre syndrome within 6 weeks of previous tetanus vaccination. Fever (≥105°F within 48hrs), persistent inconsolable crying (≥3hrs within 48hrs), shock (within 48hrs), or seizures (within 3 days) after previous pertussis vaccine: see literature. Seizure risk: may give antipyretics. Latex allergy (prefilled syringes). Have epinephrine available. Pregnancy (Cat.C): not applicable.
May give with concomitant vaccines (eg, MMR). Immunosuppressants (eg, radiation, chemotherapy, high-dose steroids): may get suboptimal response.
DTaP + IPV.
Inj site pain, redness, local swelling, increase in arm circumference, drowsiness, fever, loss of appetite.
Report adverse events to VAERS at (800) 822-7967 and to GlaxoSmithKline at (888) 825-5249.
Single-dose vials—10; Single-dose prefilled Tip-Lok syringes—5 (without needles)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Obesity, Male Gender May Improve Survival Outcomes with Targeted and Immunotherapy in Melanoma
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
- Zinc Sulfate Improves Chemotherapy-Induced Mucositis Outcomes in Leukemia
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Travel Distance to Prostate Cancer Treatment Influences Treatment Choice
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|