Generic Name and Formulations:
Sincalide 5mcg; per vial; pwd for IV inj after reconstitution; contains sodium metabisulfite.
Indications for KINEVAC:
May be used (1) to stimulate gallbladder contraction, as may be assessed by various methods of diagnostic imaging, or to obtain by duodenal aspiration a sample of concentrated bile for analysis of cholesterol, bile salts, phospholipids, and crystals; (2) to stimulate pancreatic secretion (especially in conjunction with secretin) prior
to obtaining a duodenal aspirate for analysis of enzyme activity, composition, and cytology; (3) to accelerate the transit of a barium meal through the small bowel, thereby decreasing the time and extent of radiation associated with fluoroscopy and x-ray examination of the intestinal tract.
Prompt contraction of gallbladder: 0.02mcg/kg IV over 30–60 seconds; if satisfactory contraction does not occur in 15 minutes, a second dose of 0.04mcg/kg may be given. Secretin-Kinevac test of pancreatic function: 0.02mcg/kg IV over a 30-minute interval (start 30 minutes after secretin infusion). To accelerate transit time of barium meal through small bowel: 0.04mcg/kg IV over 30–60 seconds; if satisfactory transit of barium meal has not occurred in 30 minutes, a second dose of 0.04mcg/kg may be given.
Small gallbladder stones (risk of lodging in cystic duct or common bile duct; rare). Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.B); spontaneous abortion or premature induction of labor may occur, do not give women near term. Nursing mothers.
Cholecystopancreatic-gastrointestinal hormone peptide.
Abdominal discomfort/pain, nausea.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Obesity, Male Gender May Improve Survival Outcomes with Targeted and Immunotherapy in Melanoma
- Apalutamide Prolongs Time to Metastasis in Castration-resistant Prostate Cancer
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
- Zinc Sulfate Improves Chemotherapy-Induced Mucositis Outcomes in Leukemia
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Travel Distance to Prostate Cancer Treatment Influences Treatment Choice
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|