Ketoprofen ext-rel Caps Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Ketoprofen 200mg; ext rel; pH-dependent coated pellets in caps.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Ketoprofen ext-rel Caps:
Osteoarthritis. Rheumatoid arthritis.
Aspirin allergy. Late pregnancy. Coronary artery bypass graft surgery.
Advanced renal disease: not recommended. Acute pain. Renal or hepatic dysfunction. Edema. Hypertension. Cardiac failure. History of upper GI disease. Bleeding disorders. Hypoalbuminemia. Monitor blood, hepatic, renal, and ocular function in chronic use. Elderly. Debilitated. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
NSAID (propionic acid deriv.).
Avoid salicylates, probenecid. Renal toxicity potentiated with diuretics. Monitor oral anticoagulants. May increase toxicity of methotrexate. May increase serum lithium levels.
GI bleeding, peptic ulcer, peripheral edema, dyspepsia, headache, dizziness, drowsiness, nausea, abdominal pain, diarrhea, constipation, flatulence, rash (discontinue if occurs), tinnitus, visual disturbances, GI or CNS disturbances, nephrotoxicity, jaundice. See literature re: risk of cardiovascular events.
Formerly known under the brand name Oruvail.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Adhering to Cytoreductive Therapy Use May Improve Outcomes in Polycythemia Vera
- FDA, EU Approvals Sought for Split Dose Regimen of Daratumumab for Multiple Myeloma
- Alternate Dosing of Ruxolitinib May Alleviate Anemia in Myelofibrosis
- Hope, Gratitude, and Spirituality: What They Mean to Cancer Patients
- Combined Digital Screening Best for Detecting Breast Cancers
- NCCIH HerbList App Launched to Provide Information on Herbal Products
- Seeking Reliable Information on Herbal Products
- Metformin Use May Improve Survival Outcomes in Bladder Cancer
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Associated With Lower Breast Cancer Risk
- Nurse-Led Program Improves Health, Financial Outcomes in Outpatient Chemotherapy
- Oral Hydration Effectively Reduced Risk of Nephrotoxity After Cisplatin
- Young Survivors of Breast Cancer Report Sexual Quality of Life Declines After Treatment
- The Efficacy and Tolerance of High Pressure Oxygen Combined With Chemotherapy in Postoperative Patients With Advanced Gastric Cancer
- Hepatocellular Cancer Pain: Impact and Management Challenges
- Serum Albumin May Indicate Prognosis for Survival in Acute Myeloblastic Leukemia
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|