Ketoprofen ext-rel Caps Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Ketoprofen 200mg; ext rel; pH-dependent coated pellets in caps.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Ketoprofen ext-rel Caps:
Osteoarthritis. Rheumatoid arthritis.
Aspirin allergy. Late pregnancy. Coronary artery bypass graft surgery.
Advanced renal disease: not recommended. Acute pain. Renal or hepatic dysfunction. Edema. Hypertension. Cardiac failure. History of upper GI disease. Bleeding disorders. Hypoalbuminemia. Monitor blood, hepatic, renal, and ocular function in chronic use. Elderly. Debilitated. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid salicylates, probenecid. Renal toxicity potentiated with diuretics. Monitor oral anticoagulants. May increase toxicity of methotrexate. May increase serum lithium levels.
NSAID (propionic acid deriv.).
GI bleeding, peptic ulcer, peripheral edema, dyspepsia, headache, dizziness, drowsiness, nausea, abdominal pain, diarrhea, constipation, flatulence, rash (discontinue if occurs), tinnitus, visual disturbances, GI or CNS disturbances, nephrotoxicity, jaundice. See literature re: risk of cardiovascular events.
Formerly known under the brand name Oruvail.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Follow-Up After Treatment Lacking for Younger Cancer Survivors
- Adjuvant Vemurafenib Does Not Improve Disease-Free Survival in Melanoma
- Profile of Buparlisib and its Potential in the Treatment of Breast Cancer: Evidence to Date
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|