KEPPRA XR Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Levetiracetam 500mg, 750mg; ext-rel tabs.
Indications for KEPPRA XR:
Adjunct in partial onset seizures in patients ≥12yrs old.
Initially 1g once daily; may increase at 2-week intervals in increments of 1g/day; max 3g/day. Renal impairment: CrCl 50–80mL/min: 1–2g every 24hrs; CrCl 30–50mL/min: 500mg–1.5g every 24hrs; CrCl <30mL/min: 500mg–1g every 24hrs; ESRD patients on dialysis: use immediate-release levetiracetam.
Renal impairment. Monitor for behavioral abnormalities, psychiatric symptoms, somnolence, and fatigue. Hematologic abnormalities: do CBCs in those experiencing significant weakness, pyrexia, recurrent infections, or coagulation disorders. Discontinue if signs/symptoms of anaphylaxis or angioedema develops. Avoid abrupt cessation. Elderly (consider monitoring renal function). Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C); monitor carefully esp. during 3rd trimester. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Somnolence, asthenia, infection, dizziness, neck pain, pharyngitis; behavioral abnormalities (eg, irritability, aggression, anger, depression, anxiety, apathy), psychotic symptoms, coordination difficulties (eg, ataxia, abnormal gait), hematologic abnormalities, dermatological reactions (may be serious [eg, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, toxic epidermal necrolysis]; discontinue if occurs). Children: also fatigue, nasal congestion, accidental injury, hostility, nervousness, decreased appetite; BP increases in children 1 month–4years (monitor). XR: also nausea.
Enroll pregnant patients exposed to levetiracetam in the North American Antiepileptic Drug pregnancy registry (888) 233-2334 or the UCB AED Pregnancy Registry (888) 537-7734.
Tabs 250mg, 500mg, 750mg—120; 1000mg—60; XR—60; Soln—16oz; Single-use vials (5mL)—10
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|