Generic Name and Formulations:
Clonidine HCl 0.1mg, 0.2mg; extended-release tablets.
Concordia Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Indications for KAPVAY:
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
<6yrs: not recommended. Swallow whole. Titrate by response. Initially 0.1mg at bedtime for 1 week, then 0.1mg twice daily for 1 week, then 0.1mg in the morning and 0.2mg at bedtime for 1 week, then 0.2mg twice daily. Withdraw gradually; reduce by 0.1mg/day at 3–7 day intervals. Renal dysfunction: may need reduced dose.
Hypotension, bradycardia, heart block, vascular disease, cardio- or cerebrovascular disease, chronic renal failure, conduction disturbances: uptitrate slowly and monitor. History of, or conditions that predispose to syncope. Monitor pulse, BP. Maintain adequate hydration. Reevaluate periodically. Pregnancy (Category C). Nursing mothers.
Potentiates alcohol, other CNS depressants, antihypertensives. Hypotensive effect may be antagonized by tricyclic antidepressants. Additive AV block, bradycardia with drugs that affect cardiac conduction (eg, digitalis, calcium channel blockers, β-blockers). Avoid other forms of clonidine. May need to adjust dose of concurrent stimulant medication.
Central alpha-2 agonist.
Somnolence, fatigue, upper respiratory tract infection, irritability, sore throat, insomnia, nightmares, emotional disorder, constipation, nasal congestion, fever, dry mouth, ear pain.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Follow-Up After Treatment Lacking for Younger Cancer Survivors
- Adjuvant Vemurafenib Does Not Improve Disease-Free Survival in Melanoma
- Profile of Buparlisib and its Potential in the Treatment of Breast Cancer: Evidence to Date
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|