Generic Name and Formulations:
Sebelipase alfa 20mg/10mL; soln for IV infusion after dilution; preservative-free.
Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for KANUMA:
Treatment of lysosomal acid lipase (LAL) deficiency.
Adults and Children:
<1 month: not established. Give as IV infusion over ≥2hrs; consider further prolonging infusion time for the 3mg/kg dose or if a hypersensitivity reaction occurs. May consider a 1hr infusion for the 1mg/kg dose in those who tolerate the infusion. ≥1 month: 1mg/kg once every other week. If rapidly progressive within first 6 months of life: initially 1mg/kg once weekly; increase to 3mg/kg once weekly if optimal response not achieved. May pre-treat with antipyretics and/or antihistamines.
Monitor for hypersensitivity reactions during and after infusion; interrupt or lower infusion rate based on severity. Discontinue immediately and treat if severe hypersensitivity including anaphylaxis occurs. Eggs or egg products allergy. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Hydrolytic lysosomal cholesteryl ester and triacylglycerol-specific enzyme.
Diarrhea, vomiting, fever, rhinitis, anemia, cough, nasopharyngitis, urticaria, headache, oropharyngeal pain, asthenia, constipation, nausea.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Follow-Up After Treatment Lacking for Younger Cancer Survivors
- Adjuvant Vemurafenib Does Not Improve Disease-Free Survival in Melanoma
- Profile of Buparlisib and its Potential in the Treatment of Breast Cancer: Evidence to Date
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|