Make a strong case with your supervisor for attending the ONA Navigation Summit by explaining the return your facility gets from investing in your Navigation Summit experience. One of the best ways to convey the value is to connect your facilities goals to the educational opportunities offered at the Navigation Summit.
Set yourself up for success. Here are some tips:
- Focus on the issues at hand. Explain what you plan to get out of attending and how that will benefit your work, patients, and organization or hospital.
- Share and present. Offer to prepare and deliver a short presentation to your colleagues or team members to share what you learned.
- Talk to your supervisor about the value of networking. Meeting and interacting with other oncology navigators and professionals in similar roles and organizations around the country can help you gain valuable information and insights. Find out how they are addressing similar challenges to your own.
- Take advantage of early registration. Register early for lowest registration, hotel, and airfare rates.
- Offer to attend as a team. Partner and group registration discounts allow you to save money on registration fees and you can buddy up to save on hotel costs.
- Have a plan. Be ready with a plan that shows who will cover for you while you are attending the conference.
- Be proactive. Submit an abstract for poster presentation. Remember, poster presenters save an additional $50 off registration fees. You'll receive your discount code upon acceptance of your poster.
- Build a networking list. Make note of speakers, exhibitors, or industry representatives you would like to meet or learn from.
We know you are busy, so we've come up with an easy way for you to let your supervisor know your interest in attending the upcoming Oncology Nurse Advisor (ONA) Navigation Summit in Denver June 26-28, 2015 by providing you with this justification letter. Simply download and customize your letter. Then print out the conference agenda and submit it with your letter to your supervisor today!