JUNIOR STRENGTH ADVIL OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Ibuprofen 100mg; tabs.
Pfizer Consumer Healthcare
Indications for JUNIOR STRENGTH ADVIL:
Minor aches and pain. Fever.
Use appropriate formulation and give every 6–8 hours. <6yrs: consult physician. 48–71lbs: 200mg. 72–95lbs: 300mg.
Aspirin allergy. Immediately before or after cardiac surgery.
Increased risk of severe stomach bleeding or persistent sore throat (do not use >2 days or children <3 years). History of GI disorders (eg, heartburn, bleeding ulcers). Increased risk of heart attack or failure, and stroke. Hypertension. Heart disease. Recent stroke. Liver cirrhosis. Renal disease. Asthma. Dehydration. Reevaluate if no relief within 24 hours of treatment; pain or fever persists or worsens >3 days. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
NSAID (propionic acid deriv.).
Avoid aspirin or other pain relievers. Increased risk of GI bleed with anticoagulants, corticosteroids, other OTC or Rx NSAID-containing products (eg, ibuprofen, naproxen, others), or prolonged use. Caution with diuretics.
GI upset/bleed, symptoms of heart problems or stroke (eg, trouble breathing, feel faint, slurred speech), redness, swelling, allergic reactions; discontinue if occur.
Susp—4oz; Drops—½ oz; Junior chewable tabs—24; Junior tabs—24
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Study Finds Association Between Folate Intake and Risk of Cutaneous Melanoma
- Melanoma Outcomes Improved With Nivolumab Alone or Plus Ipilimumab
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib Combination Receives FDA Approval for Mutation-Positive Melanoma
- Certain Risk Factors May Decrease Overall Survival in Pediatric B-NHL
- Oral Contraceptive Use May Not Be Associated With Increased Melanoma Risk
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- Patient Interest in Melanoma Genetic Risk Testing is Fairly High
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Bleeding Disorder Treatments: Hemophilia A
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|