Generic Name and Formulations:
Sitagliptin (as phosphate) 25mg, 50mg, 100mg; tabs.
Merck & Co., Inc.
Indications for JANUVIA:
Adjunct to diet and exercise in type 2 diabetes, as monotherapy or combination therapy.
Limitations Of use:
Not for treatment of type 1 diabetes or diabetic ketoacidosis. Not studied in patients with history of pancreatitis.
100mg once daily. Renal impairment: eGFR ≥30–<45mL/min/1.73m2: 50mg once daily; eGFR <30mL/min/1.73m2 or ESRD on dialysis: 25mg once daily.
<18yrs: not established.
Assess renal function before starting therapy and periodically thereafter. Consider risks/benefits in patients with known risk factors for heart failure; monitor for signs/symptoms; evaluate and consider discontinuing if develops. Monitor for signs/symptoms of pancreatitis, serious hypersensitivity reactions, severe joint pain, or bullous pemphigoid; discontinue if suspected or occurs. History of angioedema to other DPP-4 inhibitors. Severe hepatic impairment. Elderly. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP-4) inhibitor.
May need lower dose of concomitant sulfonylurea or insulin to reduce risk of hypoglycemia. Monitor digoxin.
Upper respiratory tract infection, nasopharyngitis, headache; pancreatitis, heart failure, hypersensitivity reactions (eg, anaphylaxis, angioedema, Stevens-Johnson syndrome), severe and disabling arthralgia, bullous pemphigoid.
Tabs 25mg, 50mg—30, 90, 100; 100mg—30, 90, 100, 1000
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|