Issues in Cancer Survivorship
Researchers compared the association between diets high in plant-based omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs) vs those high in marine-based PUFAs and the risk for breast cancer.
Study evaluates the incidence of post-traumatic stress disorder in patients with cancer from diagnosis through survivorship.
Investigators sought to determine why so few biospecimens were available for research from minority populations of women with breast cancer.
New research on the benefits of high-fiber diets for CRC survivors took its findings one step further and identified the type of fiber consumed and which provided better benefits.
A comparative case study of 12 advanced primary care practices identified the 3 factors that are barriers to integrating comprehensive cancer survivorship services into primary care practices.
This study explored the potential for pregnancy and breastfeeding among women who survived breast cancer, particularly those with ER-positive disease, and the impact of pregnancy on disease recurrence.
A study on a cohort of women enrolled in the WHI-OS shows that those with a history of periodontal disease had a higher risk for developing some cancers.
Treating the Other "Patient": Depressive Symptoms Are Predictive of Declining Physical Health in Caregivers
The person with cancer is not always the oncology nurse's only patient. Caregivers should be assessed for depressive symptoms, which can indicate declining physical health in the caregiver, and receive appropriate treatment.
Breast cancer survivors who received taxane-based chemotherapy for their disease are at increased risk for falls due to CIPN and treatment-associated effects on balance and gait.
An interactive system connects adolescent and young adult survivors of childhood cancers with their health care team to ensure they establish and adhere to recommended survivorship care plans.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Adjuvant Vemurafenib Does Not Improve Disease-Free Survival in Melanoma
- Profile of Buparlisib and its Potential in the Treatment of Breast Cancer: Evidence to Date
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
- Zinc Sulfate Improves Chemotherapy-Induced Mucositis Outcomes in Leukemia
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|