ISOPTO ATROPINE Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Atropine sulfate 1%; oph soln; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Alcon Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for ISOPTO ATROPINE:
For mydriasis and/or cycloplegia. For cycloplegic refraction, for papillary dilation desired in inflammatory conditions of the iris and uveal tract.
Compress lacrimal sac by digital pressure for 2–3 minutes after instillation to avoid excessive systemic absorption. Uveitis: 1–2 drops in the eye(s) up to 4 times daily. Heavily pigmented irides may require larger doses.
Primary glaucoma or tendency toward glaucoma (eg, narrow anterior chamber angle).
Previous susceptibility to belladonna alkaloids; excessive use may produce systemic symptoms of atropine poisoning. Estimate depth of angle of anterior chamber to avoid inducing angle closure glaucoma. Infants. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Prolonged use: follicular conjunctivitis, vascular congestion, edema, exudate, eczematoid dermatitis; hypotension, progressive respiratory depression (with excessive systemic absorption); children: coma, death possible.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Study Finds Association Between Folate Intake and Risk of Cutaneous Melanoma
- Melanoma Outcomes Improved With Nivolumab Alone or Plus Ipilimumab
- Oral Contraceptive Use May Not Be Associated With Increased Melanoma Risk
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Staff Education Leads to Increase in Oncology Rehabilitation Referrals
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Gender Bias in Medicine Has Far-Reaching Consequences
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- Patient Interest in Melanoma Genetic Risk Testing is Fairly High
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|