Ipratropium bromide + Albuterol sulfate Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Ipratropium bromide 0.5 mg/3 mL (0.017%), albuterol (as sulfate) 2.5 mg/3 mL (0.083%); soln for inh.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Ipratropium bromide + Albuterol sulfate:
COPD when a second aerosol bronchodilator is needed.
≥18yrs: 1 vial by nebulizer 4–6 times daily.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Not for primary treatment of acute attack. Avoid excessive use. Discontinue if paradoxical bronchospasm or cardiovascular effects occur. Cardiovascular disease (eg, coronary insufficiency, arrhythmias, hypertension). Hyperthyroidism. Diabetes. Seizure disorders. Narrow angle glaucoma. GI or GU obstruction. Hepatic or renal disease. Avoid eyes. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Labor & delivery. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Anticholinergic + beta-2 agonist.
Avoid MAOIs, tricyclics within 14 days (increased cardiovascular effects). Caution with other anticholinergics, sympathomimetics, drugs that lower potassium. Monitor digoxin. Antagonized by β-blockers.
Lung disorders, pharyngitis, chest pain, GI disturbances, bronchitis, UTI, leg cramps, pain, voice changes, anticholinergic effects, nervousness, headache, dizziness, insomnia, tachycardia, hypokalemia, paradoxical bronchospasm.
Formerly known under the brand name DuoNeb.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Real World Results May Not Mirror Clinical Study Outcomes in Multiple Myeloma
- Is Radioimmunotherapy a Path Forward for Melanoma?
- Handling Chemotherapy Premedications
- FDA Approves Mogamulizumab-kpkc for Rare Subtypes of Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- New PDL1 Inhibitors for Non-small Cell Lung Cancer: Focus on Pembrolizumab
- NCCIH HerbList App Launched to Provide Information on Herbal Products
- Metformin Use May Improve Survival Outcomes in Bladder Cancer
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Associated With Lower Breast Cancer Risk
- Nurse-Led Program Improves Health, Financial Outcomes in Outpatient Chemotherapy
- Seeking Reliable Information on Herbal Products
- Disparities Remain in Prevalence of Cancer Screening Tests
- Hope, Gratitude, and Spirituality: What They Mean to Cancer Patients
- FDA, EU Approvals Sought for Split Dose Regimen of Daratumumab for Multiple Myeloma
- 8 Hours of Bedrest May Be Ideal After Intrathecal Chemotherapy in Hematologic Cancers
- Combined Digital Screening Best for Detecting Breast Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|