Ipratropium bromide + Albuterol sulfate Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Ipratropium bromide 0.5 mg/3 mL (0.017%), albuterol (as sulfate) 2.5 mg/3 mL (0.083%); soln for inh.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Ipratropium bromide + Albuterol sulfate:
COPD when a second aerosol bronchodilator is needed.
≥18yrs: 1 vial by nebulizer 4–6 times daily.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Not for primary treatment of acute attack. Avoid excessive use. Discontinue if paradoxical bronchospasm or cardiovascular effects occur. Cardiovascular disease (eg, coronary insufficiency, arrhythmias, hypertension). Hyperthyroidism. Diabetes. Seizure disorders. Narrow angle glaucoma. GI or GU obstruction. Hepatic or renal disease. Avoid eyes. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Labor & delivery. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid MAOIs, tricyclics within 14 days (increased cardiovascular effects). Caution with other anticholinergics, sympathomimetics, drugs that lower potassium. Monitor digoxin. Antagonized by β-blockers.
Anticholinergic + beta-2 agonist.
Lung disorders, pharyngitis, chest pain, GI disturbances, bronchitis, UTI, leg cramps, pain, voice changes, anticholinergic effects, nervousness, headache, dizziness, insomnia, tachycardia, hypokalemia, paradoxical bronchospasm.
Formerly known under the brand name DuoNeb.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Adjuvant Vemurafenib Does Not Improve Disease-Free Survival in Melanoma
- Profile of Buparlisib and its Potential in the Treatment of Breast Cancer: Evidence to Date
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
- Zinc Sulfate Improves Chemotherapy-Induced Mucositis Outcomes in Leukemia
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|