Generic Name and Formulations:
Trivalent poliovirus vaccine; inactivated; whole virus grown in monkey kidney cells; IM or SC inj.
Sanofi Pasteur, Inc.
Indications for IPOL:
Poliomyelitis immunization (virus Types 1, 2, and 3).
Inject IM or SC in deltoid area. Each dose is 0.5mL. Previously unvaccinated: Two doses at a 1–2 month interval and a third dose 6–12 months later. Incompletely vaccinated: give 1–2 doses to complete series. Completely vaccinated: may give booster dose.
Inject IM or SC in midlateral thigh. Each dose is 0.5mL. Under 6 wks: not recommended. Full IPV schedule: One dose at 2 months, 4 months, 6–18 months, and 4–6 years of age. Sequential schedule with oral polio vaccine (OPV) (do not use OPV for immunocompromised patients or patients with immunocompromised household contacts): One dose of IPOL at 2 months and at 4 months of age, then 1 dose of OPV at 12–18 months and 1 dose of OPV at 4–6 years of age.
Hypersensitivity to neomycin, streptomycin, or polymyxin B. May defer in acute febrile illness.
Have epinephrine inj (1:1000) available. Immunodeficiency. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Immunosuppressants: may get suboptimal response.
Local irritation, fever, sleepiness, fussiness, decreased appetite.
Syringe 0.5mL (w. needle)—1, 10; Multidose vial (10 doses)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|