Generic Name and Formulations:
Elemental iron (as ferric carboxymaltose) 50mg/mL; soln for IV inj; preservative-free.
American Regent, Inc.
Indications for INJECTAFER:
Iron deficiency anemia in adults who have intolerance or insufficient response to oral iron; or have non-dialysis-dependent chronic kidney disease.
Give by slow IV push (undiluted) at rate of approx. 100mg (2mL)/min; or by IV infusion (diluted) administered over at least 15 mins. When giving via IV infusion, dilute to concentration not less than 2mg iron/mL. Give in 2 doses separated by >7 days. <50kg: 15mg/kg/dose. ≥50kg: 750mg/dose. Total cumulative dose per course: max 1500mg. May repeat treatment if condition reoccurs.
Have epinephrine inj (1:1000) available. Monitor for serious hypersensitivity reactions during and after administration for ≥30mins and until clinically stable. Monitor for signs/symptoms of hypertension after each administration. Avoid extravasation. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers: monitor infants for GI toxicity.
Lab assays may overestimate serum iron and transferrin bound iron within 24hrs after administration.
Nausea, hypertension, flushing, hypophosphatemia, dizziness; rare: hypersensitivity reactions.
Single-use vial (15mL)—1, 2
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Adhering to Cytoreductive Therapy Use May Improve Outcomes in Polycythemia Vera
- FDA, EU Approvals Sought for Split Dose Regimen of Daratumumab for Multiple Myeloma
- Alternate Dosing of Ruxolitinib May Alleviate Anemia in Myelofibrosis
- Hope, Gratitude, and Spirituality: What They Mean to Cancer Patients
- Combined Digital Screening Best for Detecting Breast Cancers
- NCCIH HerbList App Launched to Provide Information on Herbal Products
- Seeking Reliable Information on Herbal Products
- Metformin Use May Improve Survival Outcomes in Bladder Cancer
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Associated With Lower Breast Cancer Risk
- Nurse-Led Program Improves Health, Financial Outcomes in Outpatient Chemotherapy
- Oral Hydration Effectively Reduced Risk of Nephrotoxity After Cisplatin
- Young Survivors of Breast Cancer Report Sexual Quality of Life Declines After Treatment
- The Efficacy and Tolerance of High Pressure Oxygen Combined With Chemotherapy in Postoperative Patients With Advanced Gastric Cancer
- Hepatocellular Cancer Pain: Impact and Management Challenges
- Serum Albumin May Indicate Prognosis for Survival in Acute Myeloblastic Leukemia
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|