Generic Name and Formulations:
Elemental iron (as ferric carboxymaltose) 50mg/mL; soln for IV inj; preservative-free.
American Regent, Inc.
Indications for INJECTAFER:
Iron deficiency anemia in adults who have intolerance or insufficient response to oral iron; or have non-dialysis-dependent chronic kidney disease.
Give by slow IV push (undiluted) at rate of approx. 100mg (2mL)/min; or by IV infusion (diluted) administered over at least 15 mins. When giving via IV infusion, dilute to concentration not less than 2mg iron/mL. Give in 2 doses separated by >7 days. <50kg: 15mg/kg/dose. ≥50kg: 750mg/dose. Total cumulative dose per course: max 1500mg. May repeat treatment if condition reoccurs.
Have epinephrine inj (1:1000) available. Monitor for serious hypersensitivity reactions during and after administration for ≥30mins and until clinically stable. Monitor for signs/symptoms of hypertension after each administration. Avoid extravasation. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers: monitor infants for GI toxicity.
Lab assays may overestimate serum iron and transferrin bound iron within 24hrs after administration.
Nausea, hypertension, flushing, hypophosphatemia, dizziness; rare: hypersensitivity reactions.
Single-use vial (15mL)—1, 2
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Follow-Up After Treatment Lacking for Younger Cancer Survivors
- Adjuvant Vemurafenib Does Not Improve Disease-Free Survival in Melanoma
- Profile of Buparlisib and its Potential in the Treatment of Breast Cancer: Evidence to Date
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|