Generic Name and Formulations:
Valbenazine 40mg, 80mg; caps.
Neurocrine Biosciences, Inc.
Indications for INGREZZA:
Take with or without food. Initially 40mg once daily; increase to 80mg once daily after 1 week. For some patients, continuation of 40mg once daily may be considered. Moderate or severe hepatic impairment: 40mg once daily. Concomitant with strong CYP3A4 inducers: not recommended. Concomitant with strong CYP3A4 inhibitors: 40mg once daily. Concomitant with strong CYP2D6 inhibitors, poor CYP2D6 metabolizers: consider reducing dose.
Somnolence. Avoid in congenital long QT syndrome or arrhythmias associated with a prolonged QT interval. Poor CYP2D6 metabolizers. Severe renal impairment (CrCl <30mL/min): not recommended. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers: not recommended (during and for 5 days after final dose).
See Adults. Avoid concomitant with MAOIs (eg, isocarboxazid, phenelzine, selegiline). Potentiated by strong CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, itraconazole, ketoconazole, clarithromycin). May be potentiated by strong CYP2D6 inhibitors (eg, paroxetine, fluoxetine, quinidine). Antagonized by strong CYP3A4 inducers (eg, rifampin, carbamazepine, phenytoin, St. John's wort). Monitor digoxin levels; dose adjustment may be needed.
Vesicular monoamine transporter 2 (VMAT2) inhibitor.
Somnolence, anticholinergic effects, balance disorders/fall, headache, akathisia, vomiting, nausea, arthralgia.
Caps 40mg—30, 90; 80mg—30
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Follow-Up After Treatment Lacking for Younger Cancer Survivors
- Adjuvant Vemurafenib Does Not Improve Disease-Free Survival in Melanoma
- Profile of Buparlisib and its Potential in the Treatment of Breast Cancer: Evidence to Date
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|