A health outcomes analysis of 419 patients with multiple myeloma sought to determine if cipro-doxy was more effective than cipro alone in reducing the incidence of neutropenic fever and infections, both significant causes of morbidity and death for these patients.
Using mathematical analysis, researchers identified factors to help determine if containment or the elimination of an infection or tumor, is most effective.
Researchers have determined the risk of infection for immunomodulatory drug-based therapy and proteasome inhibitor-based therapy with respect to treatment phase in patients with multiple myeloma.
[Cancer Control] Two cases of Bordetella pertussis infection that led to pneumonia in patients with cancer are reviewed.
Bacteria present in the gut may predict a patient's risk for life-threatening blood infections after high-dose chemotherapy.
Formation of a multidisciplinary team and a focus on evidence-based interventions successfully reduced the rate of central line bloodstream infections (CLABSI) on an inpatient oncology unit.
PICC Claiming Antithrombogenic, Antimicrobial Properties Failed to Reduce Thromboses, Line DysfunctionApril 30, 2016
A PICC with preclinical data claiming antithrombogenic and antimicrobial properties failed to reduce the rate of CLABSI or catheter-related thromboses compared with a standard PICC.
Chemotherapy for breast cancer can affect the body's ability to ward off common illnesses.
Continuous antibiotic treatment can reduce infections in young patients with acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL).
This review discusses common risk factors, treatment, and preventive measures for aspergillosis in hematopoietic stem transplantation recipients.
Many people are unaware that prostate cancer may sometimes be transmitted sexually.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Study Finds Association Between Folate Intake and Risk of Cutaneous Melanoma
- Melanoma Outcomes Improved With Nivolumab Alone or Plus Ipilimumab
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib Combination Receives FDA Approval for Mutation-Positive Melanoma
- Certain Risk Factors May Decrease Overall Survival in Pediatric B-NHL
- Oral Contraceptive Use May Not Be Associated With Increased Melanoma Risk
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|