Generic Name and Formulations:
Coagulation Factor IX (recombinant), albumin fusion protein 250 IU, 500 IU, 1000 IU, 2000 IU; per vial; lyophilized pwd for IV inj after reconstitution; preservative-free.
CSL Behring, LLC
Indications for IDELVION:
In patients with Hemophilia B: to control and prevent bleeding episodes, for perioperative management, and routine prophylaxis to prevent or reduce the frequency of bleeding episodes.
Limitations Of use:
Not for immune tolerance induction.
Adults and Children:
Dose (IU) = body weight (kg) x desired FIX increase (% of normal or IU/dL) x reciprocal of recovery (IU/dL per IU/kg). Dose adjustment may be necessary in children <12yrs. Individualize. Max infusion rate: 10mL/min. Bleeding: Minor/Moderate: 30–60% required; repeat every 48–72hrs for ≥1 day until bleeding stops and healing is achieved. Major: 60–100% required; repeat every 48–72hrs for 7–14 days until bleeding stops and healing is achieved; give maintenance dose weekly. Perioperative: Minor: 50–80% required; repeat every 48–72hrs for ≥1 day or until healing is achieved. Major: initially 60–100% required; every 48–72hrs for 7–14 days or until bleeding stops and healing is achieved; may repeat every 48–72hrs for the first week or until healing is achieved; give maintenance dose 1–2 times weekly. Routine prophylaxis: ≥12yrs: 25–40 IU/kg every 7 days or if well-controlled, may give 50–75 IU/kg every 14 days; <12yrs: 40–55 IU/kg every 7 days.
Hamster protein sensitivity.
Discontinue and treat if hypersensitivity symptoms occur. Monitor for development of Factor IX inhibitors. Liver disease, fibrinolysis, perioperative status, risk factors for thromboembolic events or disseminated intravascular coagulation; monitor for thromboembolism and consumptive coagulopathy. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Headache, dizziness, hypersensitivity, rash, eczema.
Kit—1 (single-use vial + diluent, supplies)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Study Finds Association Between Folate Intake and Risk of Cutaneous Melanoma
- Qualitative Analysis of Myeloma Patients' Experience Following Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant
- Melanoma Outcomes Improved With Nivolumab Alone or Plus Ipilimumab
- Involved-Field Radiotherapy Plus Chemotherapy Prolonged PFS in Follicular Lymphoma
- Patient Fears of Placebo Use in Clinical Trials
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Bleeding Disorder Treatments: Hemophilia A
- Guideline Recommendations Offer No OS Benefit for Younger Patients With Rectal Cancer
- Bleeding Disorder Treatments: von Willebrand Disease
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|