IDAMYCIN PFS Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Idarubicin 1mg/mL; soln for IV infusion; preservative-free.
Indications for IDAMYCIN PFS:
Acute myeloid leukemia.
Give by slow IV infusion (over 10–15 mins). 12mg/m2 daily for 3 days (in combination with cytarabine). May give 2nd course if needed; if toxicity develops after 1st course, delay until resolved; reduce dose by 25%. Hepatic and renal impairment: consider reduce dose.
Pre-existing bone marrow suppression. Cardiovascular disease. Thoracic irradiation. Previous anthracycline therapy at high cumulative doses. Renal or hepatic impairment. Monitor CBCs, cardiac, renal and hepatic function prior to and during treatment. Avoid extravasation. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.D); avoid use. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Concomitant drugs that suppress cardiac contractility or cardiotoxic drugs (eg, trastuzumab, cyclophosphamide, paclitaxel): not recommended; avoid use for 5 half-lives after discontinuing cardiotoxic drug.
Myelosuppression, GI upset, mucositis, abdominal pain, alopecia, rash, inj site reactions, hepatotoxicity, renal toxicity, cardiotoxicity (eg, CHF, arrhythmias, chest pain, MI, asymptomatic declines in LVEF), hyperuricemia.
Single-dose vials—contact supplier; PFS: Single-dose vials (5mL, 10mL, 20mL)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|