Hyoscyamine Sulfate Drops Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Hyoscyamine sulfate 0.125mg/mL; alcohol 5%; orange flavor.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Hyoscyamine Sulfate Drops:
Adjunct in peptic ulcer. Irritable bowel syndrome. Infant colic.
1–2mL every 4 hrs or as needed; max 12mL/day.
3.4kg: 4 drops. 5kg: 5 drops. 7kg: 6 drops. 10kg: 8 drops. Older children (2 yrs–12 yrs): 0.25–1mL; max 6mL/day. All: every 4 hrs or as needed.
Glaucoma. Unstable cardiovascular status in acute hemorrhage. GI or urinary tract obstruction. Paralytic ileus, intestinal atony of elderly or debilitated patients. Toxic megacolon. Severe ulcerative colitis. Myasthenia gravis.
High environmental temperature. Diarrhea. Autonomic neuropathy. Impaired cardiac or renal function. Cardiovascular disease. Hypertension. Hyperthyroidism. Hiatal hernia with reflux esophagitis. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Antacids may inhibit absorption. Additive anticholinergic effects with other anticholinergics, amantadine, type I antiarrhythmics, antihistamines, phenothiazines, tricyclics, MAOIs.
Anticholinergic effects, drowsiness.
Formerly known under the brand name Levsin Drops.
Tabs, SL—100, 500; Drops—contact supplier
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|