23. Palumbo A, Mina R, Cerrato C, et al. Role of consolidation/maintenance therapy in multiple myeloma. Clin Lymphoma Myeloma Leuk. 2013;13 (Suppl 2):S349–S354.
24. Cavo M, Brioli A, Tacchetti P, et al. Role of consolidation therapy in transplant eligible multiple myeloma patients. Semin Oncol. 2013;40(5):610–617.
25. Sonneveld P, Goldschmidt H, Rosiñol L, et al. Bortezomib-based versus nonbortezomib-based induction treatment before autologous stem-cell transplantation in patients with previously untreated multiple myeloma: a meta-analysis of Phase III randomized, controlled trials. J Clin Oncol. 2013;31(26):3279–3287.
26. Dimopoulos MA, Chen C, Spencer A, et al. Long-term follow-up on overall survival from the MM-009 and MM-010 Phase III trials of lenalidomide plus dexamethasone in patients with relapsed or refractory multiple myeloma. Leukemia. 2009;23(11):2147–2152.
27. Richardson PG, Sonneveld P, Schuster MW, et al. Reversibility of symptomatic peripheral neuropathy with bortezomib in the Phase III APEX trial in relapsed multiple myeloma: impact of a dose-modification guideline.Br J Haematol. 2009;144(6):895–903.
28. Wang Y, Ai L, Cui G, et al. Once- versus twice-weekly Bortezomib induction therapy with dexamethasone in newly diagnosed multiple myeloma. J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci. 2012;32(4):495–500.
29. Moreau P, Karamanesht II, Domnikova N, et al. Pharmacokinetic, pharmacodynamic and covariate analysis of subcutaneous versus intravenous administration of bortezomib in patients with relapsed multiple myeloma. Clin Pharmacokinet. 2012;51(12):823–829.
30. Moreau P, Pylypenko H, Grosicki S, et al. Subcutaneous versus intravenous administration of bortezomib in patients with relapsed multiple myeloma: a randomised, Phase 3, non-inferiority study. Lancet Oncol. 2011;12(5):431–440.
31. Lonial S and Anderson KC. Association of response endpoints with survival outcomes in multiple myeloma.Leukemia. 2014;28(2):258–268.
32. Chanan-Khan AA, Giralt S. Importance of achieving a complete response in multiple myeloma, and the impact of novel agents. J Clin Oncol. 2010;28(15):2612–2624.
33. van de Velde HJ, Liu X, Chen G, et al. Complete response correlates with long-term survival and progression-free survival in high-dose therapy in multiple myeloma. Haematologica. 2007;92(10):1399–1406.
34. Biran N, Jagannath S, Chari A. Risk stratification in multiple myeloma, part 2: the significance of genetic risk factors in the era of currently available therapies. Clin Adv Hematol Oncol. 2013;11(9):578–583.
35. Avet-Loiseau H, Leleu X, Roussel M, et al. Bortezomib plus dexamethasone induction improves outcome of patients with t(4;14) myeloma but not outcome of patients with del(17p). J Clin Oncol. 2010;28(30):4630–4634.
(To view a larger version of Figure S1, click here.)
(To view a larger version of Figure S4, click here.)
Source: OncoTargets and Therapy.
Originally published June 15, 2015.