21. Khalife R, El-Hayek S, Tarras O, Hodroj MH, Rizk S. Antiproliferative and proapoptotic effects of topotecan in combination with thymoquinone on acute myelogenous leukemia. Clin Lymphoma Myeloma Leuk. 2014;14(Suppl):S46–S55.
22. Frumovitz M, Munsell MF, Burzawa JK, et al. Combination therapy with topotecan, paclitaxel, and bevacizumab improves progression-free survival in recurrent small cell neuroendocrine carcinoma of the cervix. Gynecol Oncol. 2017;144(1):46–50.
23. Chaturvedi NK, McGuire TR, Coulter DW, et al. Improved therapy for neuroblastoma using a combination approach: superior efficacy with vismodegib and topotecan. Oncotarget. 2016;7(12):15215–15229.
24. Peng T, Hu M, Wu TT, et al. Andrographolide suppresses proliferation of nasopharyngeal carcinoma cells via attenuating NF-κB pathway. Biomed Res Int. 2015;2015:735056.
25. Zhang QQ, Zhou DL, Ding Y, et al. Andrographolide inhibits melanoma tumor growth by inactivating the TLR4/NF-κB signaling pathway. Melanoma Res. 2014;24(6):545–555.
26. Hossain S, Urbi Z, Sule A, Rahman H. Andrographis paniculata (Burm. f.) wall. ex nees: a review of ethnobotany, phytochemistry, and pharmacology. Scientific World J. 2014;2014:274905.
27. Robati M, Holtz D, Dunton CJ. A review of topotecan in combination chemotherapy for advanced cervical cancer. Ther Clin Risk Manag. 2008;4(1):213–218.
28. Hormann V, Kumi-Diaka J, Durity M, Rathinavelu A. Anticancer activities of genistein-topotecan combination in prostate cancer cells. J Cell Mol Med. 2012;16(11):2631–2636.
29. Adams DJ, Sandvold ML, Myhren F, Jacobsen TF, Giles F, Rizzieri DA. Anti proliferative activity of ELACY (CP-4055) in combination with cloretazine (VNP40101M), idarubicin, gemcitabine, irinotecan and topotecan in human leukemia and lymphoma cells. Leuk Lymphoma. 2008;49(4):786–797.
30. Yang T, Yao S, Zhang X, Guo Y. Andrographolide inhibits growth of human T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia Jurkat cells by downregulation of PI3K/AKT and upregulation of p38 MAPK pathways. Drug Des Devel Ther. 2016;10:1389–1397.
31. Kumar D, Das B, Sen R, et al. Andrographolide analogue induces apoptosis and autophagy mediated cell death in U937 cells by inhibition of PI3K/Akt/mTOR pathway. PLoS One. 2015;10(10):e0139657.
32. Wu CC, Huang KF, Yang TY, et al. The topoisomerase 1 inhibitor austrobailignan-1 isolated from koelreuteria henryi induces a G2/M-phase arrest and cell death independently of p53 in non-small cell lung cancer cells. PLoS One. 2015;10(7):e0132052.
33. Maurya DK, Ayuzawa R, Doi C, Troyer D, Tamura M. Topoisomerase I inhibitor SN-38 effectively attenuates growth of human non-small cell lung cancer cell lines in vitro and in vivo. J Environ Pathol Toxicol Oncol. 2011;30(1):1–10.
34. Li J, Cheung HY, Zhang Z, Chan GK, Fong WF. Andrographolide induces cell cycle arrest at G2/M phase and cell death in HepG2 cells via alteration of reactive oxygen species. Eur J Pharmacol. 2007;568(1–3):31–44.
35. Tomicic MT, Christmann M, Kaina B. Topotecan triggers apoptosis in p53-deficient cells by forcing degradation of XIAP and survivin thereby activating caspase-3-mediated Bid cleavage. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2010;332(1):316–325.
36. Schmidt F, Rieger J, Wischhusen J, Naumann U, Weller M. Glioma cell sensitivity to topotecan: the role of p53 and topotecan-induced DNA damage. Eur J Pharmacol. 2001;412(1):21–25.
37. Pratheeshkumar P, Sheeja K, Kuttan G. Andrographolide induces apoptosis in B16F-10 melanoma cells by inhibiting NF-κB-mediated bcl-2 activation and modulating p53-induced caspase-3 gene expression. Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol. 2012;34(1):143–151.
38. Yan J, Chen Y, He C, Yang ZZ, Lu C, Chen XS. Andrographolide induces cell cycle arrest and apoptosis in human rheumatoid arthritis fibroblast-like synoviocytes. Cell Biol Toxicol. 2012;28(1):47–56.
39. Yang S, Evens AM, Prachand S, et al. Mitochondrial-mediated apoptosis in lymphoma cells by the diterpenoid lactone andrographolide, the active component of Andrographis paniculata. Clin Cancer Res. 2010;16(19):4755–4768.
40. Yunos NM, Mutalip SS, Jauri MH, Yu JQ, Huq F. Anti-proliferative and pro-apoptotic effects from sequenced combinations of andrographolide and cisplatin on ovarian cancer cell lines. Anticancer Res. 2013;33(10):4365–4371.
41. Uckun FM, Stewart CF, Reaman G, et al. In vitro and in vivo activity of topotecan against human B-lineage acute lymphoblastic leukemia cells. Blood. 1995;85(10):2817–2828.
Source: Cancer Management and Research.
Originally published May 10, 2018.