Generic Name and Formulations:
Haemophilus b conjugate vaccine (diphtheria CRM197 conjugate) 10mcg capsular oligosaccharides, 25mcg diphtheria CRM197 protein; per 0.5mL dose; IM inj; multidose vials contain thimerosal.
Indications for HIBTITER:
Immunization of children against H. influenza type b.
<2 months: not recommended. At 2, 4, and 6 months: 0.5mL IM. Previously unvaccinated children, 7–11 months: 2 doses of 0.5mL IM 2 months apart. 12–14 months: 0.5mL IM once. All children vaccinated before 15 months of age should receive booster at 15 months (but not less than 2 months after previous shot). 15–60 months: 0.5mL IM once.
Immunodeficiency (HIV infection: see literature). Delay administration in febrile or active infection. Have epinephrine inj (1:1000) available. Protection begins several days after vaccination. Not a substitute for routine diphtheria vaccination. Pregnancy (Cat.C): not recommended.
Local reactions, fever.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Follow-Up After Treatment Lacking for Younger Cancer Survivors
- Adjuvant Vemurafenib Does Not Improve Disease-Free Survival in Melanoma
- Profile of Buparlisib and its Potential in the Treatment of Breast Cancer: Evidence to Date
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|