HEMOFIL M Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Antihemophilic Factor VIII (human) 220–400 IU, 401–800 IU, 801–1700 IU, 1701–2000 IU; per bottle; dried concentrate for IV infusion after reconstitution; contains albumin.
Shire US, Inc.
Indications for HEMOFIL M:
Prevention and control of hemorrhagic episodes in Hemophilia A.
Adults and Children:
Dosage Required (IU) = Body Weight (kg) × Desired % Factor VIII Increase × 0.5. Individualize. Infuse at rate of up to 10mL/min. Monitor pulse rate; if increased significantly, reduce infusion rate or hold. Hemorrhage: Mild: obtain 20–40% FVIII increase; give every 12–24hrs for 1–3 days until resolved. Moderate: obtain 30–60% FVIII increase; give every 12–24hrs for 3 days or until pain or disability resolved. Life-threatening: obtain 60–100% FVIII increase; give every 8–24hrs until resolved. Surgery: Minor: obtain 60–80% FVIII increase; give single infusion plus oral antifibrinolytic therapy within 1 hour; Major: pre- and post-op: obtain 80–100% FVIII increase; repeat every 8–24hrs based on healing.
Mouse protein sensitivity.
Not for von Willebrand's disease. Confirm Factor VIII deficiency prior to treatment. Contains human plasma; monitor for possible infection transmission. Monitor for development of Factor VIII inhibitors. Latex allergy. Pregnancy (Cat.C).
Allergic reactions, nausea, fever, chills, urticaria, antibody formation.
Report all infections suspected to be transmitted by Hemofil M to (800) 423-2862.
Single-dose bottle—1 (w. diluent, needles)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Adhering to Cytoreductive Therapy Use May Improve Outcomes in Polycythemia Vera
- FDA, EU Approvals Sought for Split Dose Regimen of Daratumumab for Multiple Myeloma
- Alternate Dosing of Ruxolitinib May Alleviate Anemia in Myelofibrosis
- Hope, Gratitude, and Spirituality: What They Mean to Cancer Patients
- Combined Digital Screening Best for Detecting Breast Cancers
- NCCIH HerbList App Launched to Provide Information on Herbal Products
- Seeking Reliable Information on Herbal Products
- Metformin Use May Improve Survival Outcomes in Bladder Cancer
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Associated With Lower Breast Cancer Risk
- Nurse-Led Program Improves Health, Financial Outcomes in Outpatient Chemotherapy
- Oral Hydration Effectively Reduced Risk of Nephrotoxity After Cisplatin
- Young Survivors of Breast Cancer Report Sexual Quality of Life Declines After Treatment
- The Efficacy and Tolerance of High Pressure Oxygen Combined With Chemotherapy in Postoperative Patients With Advanced Gastric Cancer
- Hepatocellular Cancer Pain: Impact and Management Challenges
- Serum Albumin May Indicate Prognosis for Survival in Acute Myeloblastic Leukemia
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|