Researchers found that stable responses occurred in 18 percent of patients on fostamatinib, versus 2 percent on placebo.
In this retrospective study, researchers assessed the outcomes of 88 patients with hematologic disease who underwent HSCT.
Findings in an ongoing phase 2 trial demonstrate that a sequential regimen of these agents has significant potential to improve depth of response and outcomes for patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia.
Researchers sought to determine if NMA or reduced-intensity conditioning with busulfan improved severity/duration of oral mucositis compared with myeloablative conditioning in patients with hematologic cancer undergoing HCT.
The manufacturer of daratumumab, a CD38-directed antibody for the treatment of multiple myeloma, has submitted a sBLA and a type II variation to the US FDA and European Medicines Agency, respectively, for approval of a split dosing regimen.
In an open-label study, researchers sought to determine the optimal amount of bed rest after intrathecal chemotherapy for patients with hematologic cancers.
US FDA issues a recommendation on use of azithromycin in patients with hematologic malignancies who have undergone HSCT.
Study sought to determine the health-related QOL and posttraumatic stress symptoms in adolescent and young adult cancer survivors post-HSCT compared with their healthy peers.
Treatment options for von Willebrand Disease (VWD).
1. In a review of children who presented to a specialist hematology clinic with isolated mild or moderate low platelet counts, though causes were variable, most required no interventions. 2. Pediatric patients with isolated mild or moderate thrombocytopenia may not need specialist referral to hematology in most circumstances. Evidence Rating Level: 2 (Good) Study Rundown: 
Patients with hematologic cancers often require a combination of inpatient and outpatient care. The oncology nurse navigator is an ideal care provider to help patients manage their care and transitions between care settings, according to a presentation at the 2018 ONA Navigation Summit.
Consultations for palliative care for hospitalized highly symptomatic patients with cancer is low regardless of curability or whether patient has hematologic or solid cancer, a study presented at 2018 ASCO has shown.
A newly developed web site, described in a presentation at the 2018 ONS Annual Congress, aims to help nurses and patients explore clinical trial options for patients with hematologic cancers.
Researchers assessed the effectiveness of low level laser therapy in preventing or minimizing oral mucositis in patients with hematologic cancers preparing to undergo HSCT. Results were presented at the 2018 ONS Annual Congress.
A presentation at 2018 ONS Congress described the success of a class focused on preparing patients and their families to management their care after discharge.
Patients with lymphoma were interviewed to determine their evaluation of a program that offered continuing clinical care with a nurse-led intervention in the early months of survivorship.
[Cancer Management and Research] A review of marginal zone lymphomas, a common and varied group of hematologic malignancies, and their treatment, with a focus on the Bruton's tyrosine kinase ibrutinib.
Slight changes in taste perceptions are noted in patients undergoing HSCT for hematologic cancers. In this study, researchers sought to determine how these changes affect quality of life and nutritional intake.
Researchers compared survival outcomes of thiotepa-based intensified RIC vs standard RIC among patients undergoing cord-blood transplantation (CBT).
A report on how variations in the effects of geriatric syndromes and aging can affect treatment modality choices and outcomes for the eldest older adults with hematologic cancers.
Study data suggest that cognitive impairments may be associate with worse survival among patients with hematologic cancer.
The US FDA granted approval to fostamatinib (Tavalisse), a kinase inhibitor, for the treatment of thrombocytopenia in patients with chronic IPT who have had an insufficient response to a previous treatment.
The ALLIVE trial sought to determine if eLPI levels were predictive of iron-related toxicity and mortality after HCT in patients with AML or MDS.
A cross-sectional study asked patients with hematologic cancers to name the components of care they felt were most crucial to their perception of optimal care.
Researchers investigated the antileukemic activity of metformin and ruxolitinib alone and in combination in patients with myeloproliferative neoplasms.
A retrospective study evaluated timing, frequency, dosing, and other factors related to bisphosphonate therapy in patients with multiple myeloma.
Researchers present findings of a study assessing the value of SESM evaluations in patients with hematologic cancer prior to undergoing SCT at the NACNS 2018 Annual Conference.
Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP) may be linked to an increased risk of cardiovascular disease, but studies have not been conclusive.
Researchers report on their findings of a retrospective study that compared pomalidomide plus dexamethasone vs dexamethasone alone in patients with relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma.
In this prospective study, researchers sought to compare the effectiveness of IV methylprednisolone vs oral prednisone in hospitalized patients with newly diagnosed ITP.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Triplet Regimen Found Most Effective for Relapsed/Refractory Multiple Myeloma
- Integrating Preoperative Oral Care Into Cancer Treatment Plans
- Current Status and Dilemma of Second-line Treatment in Advanced Pancreatic Cancer: Is There a Silver Lining?
- American Association for Cancer Research Releases Its 2018 Annual Report
- Pulmonary Toxicity Increased in Pediatric Hodgkin Lymphoma Treated With Brentuximab Vedotin
- Benefit of Chemotherapy for Breast Cancer Observed With Midrange Gene Assay Score
- Antioxidant Interaction With Cancer Therapy
- Young Survivors of Breast Cancer Report Sexual Quality of Life Declines After Treatment
- Myeloablative Conditioning Effective in AML Secondary to MDS/MPN Prior to Allogeneic HCT
- Insurance Status Influences Overall Survival in Follicular Lymphoma
- Skin Cancer Screening: Are They Effective?
- Metronidazole, Vancomycin Recommended for C Difficile in Pediatric Oncology, HSCT
- CDC: HPV Vaccination Rates on the Rise Among Adolescents
- High-Dose vs Standard-Dose Flu Vaccine in Elderly Receiving Chemotherapy
- FDA Grants Approval to Novel Treatment for Hairy Cell Leukemia
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|