Hematologic Cancer News and Features
Patients with hematologic cancers often require a combination of inpatient and outpatient care. The oncology nurse navigator is an ideal care provider to help patients manage their care and transitions between care settings, according to a presentation at the 2018 ONA Navigation Summit.
Consultations for palliative care for hospitalized highly symptomatic patients with cancer is low regardless of curability or whether patient has hematologic or solid cancer, a study presented at 2018 ASCO has shown.
A newly developed web site, described in a presentation at the 2018 ONS Annual Congress, aims to help nurses and patients explore clinical trial options for patients with hematologic cancers.
Researchers assessed the effectiveness of low level laser therapy in preventing or minimizing oral mucositis in patients with hematologic cancers preparing to undergo HSCT. Results were presented at the 2018 ONS Annual Congress.
A presentation at 2018 ONS Congress described the success of a class focused on preparing patients and their families to management their care after discharge.
Patients with lymphoma were interviewed to determine their evaluation of a program that offered continuing clinical care with a nurse-led intervention in the early months of survivorship.
[Cancer Management and Research] A review of marginal zone lymphomas, a common and varied group of hematologic malignancies, and their treatment, with a focus on the Bruton's tyrosine kinase ibrutinib.
Slight changes in taste perceptions are noted in patients undergoing HSCT for hematologic cancers. In this study, researchers sought to determine how these changes affect quality of life and nutritional intake.
Researchers conducted a retrospective study to assess 18F-FDG PET/CT vs bone marrow biopsy to detect bone marrow involvement among pediatric patients with Hodgkin lymphoma.
Researchers compared survival outcomes of thiotepa-based intensified RIC vs standard RIC among patients undergoing cord-blood transplantation (CBT).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Avoiding the ED: Planned Strategies for Unplanned Urgent Cancer Care
- NP-Led Clinics Improved Phase 1 Oncology Study Operations, Outcomes
- Art as Palliative Care: Bedside Intervention Improves Pain, Anxiety, Mood in Hospitalized Cancer Patients
- Unprotected Sex After Chemotherapy
- Mindfulness Training May Improve End-of-Life Conversations in Advanced Cancer
- Study Suggests Greater Focus on the Needs of Family Caregivers of Patients With Cancer
- First Antibody-Based Treatment Regimen Approved for First-Line Treatment of Multiple Myeloma
- Increased Diabetes Risk Associated With Cancer Development
- Childhood Neuroblastoma Survivors at Risk for Psych Impairment
- Drug Classification of Trastuzumab
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|