HECTOROL INJ Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Doxercalciferol 2mcg/mL; soln for IV inj.
Sanofi Genzyme Company
Indications for HECTOROL INJ:
Secondary hyperparathyroidism in patients with chronic kidney disease (CKD) on dialysis.
Dialysis: 4mcg three times weekly after dialysis; adjust dose to maintain intact parathyroid hormone (iPTH) between 150–300pg/mL. If iPTH is not lowered by 50% and fails to reach target range, may increase by 1–2mcg at 8-week intervals. Max 18mcg/week. If iPTH <100pg/mL, suspend for 1 week, then resume at a dose that is at least 1mcg lower.
Hypercalcemia. Vit.D toxicity.
Maintain appropriate calcium, phosphate, fluid intake. Keep serum calcium times phosphate product (Ca × P) <55 in CKD patients. Monitor iPTH, serum calcium, phosphorus (dialysis: at baseline and weekly thereafter; predialysis: every 2 weeks for 3 months during titration, then monthly for 3 months and every 3 months thereafter). Adjust phosphate binder dose to maintain PTH suppression and serum calcium and phosphate levels. Hepatic impairment. Inj: monitor for hypersensitivity at initiation; discontinue and treat if occurs. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Additive effects and hypercalcemia with concomitant other forms of Vit.D. Hypermagnesemia with magnesium-containing antacids. May be affected by CYP450 inhibitors (eg, ketoconazole, erythromycin) or hepatic enzyme inducers (eg, glutethimide, phenobarbital); dose adjustments may be needed.
Vit. D analog.
Edema, headache, malaise, nausea, vomiting, arthralgia, weight increase, dizziness, sleep disorder, dyspnea; Vit.D toxicity (eg, hypercalcemia, hypercalciuria, hyperphosphatemia, adynamic bone diseases, arrhythmias, seizures); see full labeling.
Caps—50; Single-use vial (1mL, 2mL)—1; Multi-dose vial (2mL)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Obesity, Male Gender May Improve Survival Outcomes with Targeted and Immunotherapy in Melanoma
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
- Zinc Sulfate Improves Chemotherapy-Induced Mucositis Outcomes in Leukemia
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Travel Distance to Prostate Cancer Treatment Influences Treatment Choice
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|