Coffee may reduce risk of breast cancer recurrence
the ONA take:
According to a new study, researchers at Lund University and Skane University Hospital in Sweden have found that coffee inhibits the growth of tumors and reduces the risk of recurrence in women with breast cancer treated with tamoxifen.
For the study, researchers analyzed data from 1,090 patients with breast cancer. They found that among the over 500 women who were treated with the estrogen receptor antagonist tamoxifen, those who drank at least two cups of coffee per day had half the risk of disease recurrence compared with those who drank less coffee or no coffee.
The study also showed that women who drank at least two cups per day had smaller breast tumors and fewer hormone-dependent tumors.
"If you like coffee and are also taking tamoxifen, there is no reason to stop drinking it. Just two cups a day is sufficient to make a difference," said study researchers.
Coffee inhibits the growth of tumors and reduces the risk of recurrence in women with breast cancer treated with tamoxifen.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Triplet Regimen Found Most Effective for Relapsed/Refractory Multiple Myeloma
- Integrating Preoperative Oral Care Into Cancer Treatment Plans
- Current Status and Dilemma of Second-line Treatment in Advanced Pancreatic Cancer: Is There a Silver Lining?
- American Association for Cancer Research Releases Its 2018 Annual Report
- Pulmonary Toxicity Increased in Pediatric Hodgkin Lymphoma Treated With Brentuximab Vedotin
- Benefit of Chemotherapy for Breast Cancer Observed With Midrange Gene Assay Score
- Antioxidant Interaction With Cancer Therapy
- Young Survivors of Breast Cancer Report Sexual Quality of Life Declines After Treatment
- Myeloablative Conditioning Effective in AML Secondary to MDS/MPN Prior to Allogeneic HCT
- Insurance Status Influences Overall Survival in Follicular Lymphoma
- Endocrine Society Released Guidelines for Managing Endocrine Disorders in Childhood Cancer Survivors
- Skin Cancer Screening: Are They Effective?
- Metronidazole, Vancomycin Recommended for C Difficile in Pediatric Oncology, HSCT
- CDC: HPV Vaccination Rates on the Rise Among Adolescents
- High-Dose vs Standard-Dose Flu Vaccine in Elderly Receiving Chemotherapy
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|