Generic Name and Formulations:
Amantadine HCl 68.5mg, 137mg; ext-rel caps.
Adamas Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for GOCOVRI:
Treatment of dyskinesia in Parkinson's disease patients receiving levodopa-based therapy, with or without concomitant dopaminergic medications.
Swallow whole. May open caps and sprinkle contents on a teaspoonful of soft food (eg, applesauce) if needed. Initially 137mg once daily at bedtime; increase to 274mg once daily at bedtime after 1 week. Renal impairment (CrCl 30–59mL/min/1.73m2): initially 68.5mg once daily; increase to max 137mg once daily after 1 week; (CrCl 15–29mL/min/1.73m2): 68.5mg once daily.
End-stage renal disease (CrCl <15mL/min/1.73m2).
Sleep disorders. Discontinue if daytime sleepiness or episodes of falling asleep during activities that require full attention develops. Monitor for depression, suicidal ideation or behavior. Psychotic disorders. Monitor for hallucinations, dizziness, orthostatic hypotension (esp. at initiation and after dose increases). Monitor for new or increased urges or compulsive behaviors; consider reducing dose or discontinuing if develops. Avoid abrupt cessation. Monitor conditions (eg, renal tubular acidosis, severe UTIs) that can alter the urine pH (acidic or alkaline). Renal impairment. Elderly: monitor renal function. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Concomitant alcohol, live attenuated vaccines: not recommended. Increased somnolence with concomitant sedatives. Potentiated by anticholinergics; reduce dose. Concomitant drugs affecting urinary pH (eg, carbonic anhydrase inhibitors, sodium bicarbonate); monitor.
Hallucination, dizziness, dry mouth, peripheral edema, constipation, falls, orthostatic hypotension; drowsiness, suicidality, depression, withdrawal-emergent hyperpyrexia/confusion, impulse control/compulsive behavior.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Adhering to Cytoreductive Therapy Use May Improve Outcomes in Polycythemia Vera
- FDA, EU Approvals Sought for Split Dose Regimen of Daratumumab for Multiple Myeloma
- Alternate Dosing of Ruxolitinib May Alleviate Anemia in Myelofibrosis
- Hope, Gratitude, and Spirituality: What They Mean to Cancer Patients
- Combined Digital Screening Best for Detecting Breast Cancers
- NCCIH HerbList App Launched to Provide Information on Herbal Products
- Seeking Reliable Information on Herbal Products
- Metformin Use May Improve Survival Outcomes in Bladder Cancer
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Associated With Lower Breast Cancer Risk
- Nurse-Led Program Improves Health, Financial Outcomes in Outpatient Chemotherapy
- Oral Hydration Effectively Reduced Risk of Nephrotoxity After Cisplatin
- Young Survivors of Breast Cancer Report Sexual Quality of Life Declines After Treatment
- The Efficacy and Tolerance of High Pressure Oxygen Combined With Chemotherapy in Postoperative Patients With Advanced Gastric Cancer
- Hepatocellular Cancer Pain: Impact and Management Challenges
- Serum Albumin May Indicate Prognosis for Survival in Acute Myeloblastic Leukemia
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|