Endocrine Society Released Guidelines for Managing Endocrine Disorders in Childhood Cancer SurvivorsSeptember 20, 2018
Clinical guideline reviews the diagnosis and treatment of hypothalamic-pituitary and growth disorders that are often seen in survivors of childhood cancer.
Proportion of teens up to date with HPV vaccines also increasing, researchers found.
What information is there about using the newer high-dose flu vaccine in patients with cancer?
In its 2018 annual report, the AACR highlights the advances, challenges, and needs of federally funded research on the prevention, detection, diagnosis, and treatment of cancer.
This fact sheet explores the possible cancer risks caused by the chemical acrylamide in foodstuffs and consumer goods.
Using the Questions on Life Satisfaction (FLZ-M) questionnaire, researchers determined the extent of life satisfaction across 10 subdomains reported by adolescents and young adults with cancer.
An increased risk of low educational attainment and attenuation in income at age 30 years has been observed in those that have experienced parental cancer.
Non-English speaking and uninsured patients with cancer may require additional support systems, such as referral to socioeconomic support, for best care.
Pennebaker's expressive writing intervention was developed to allow patients to express their worries and pains.
This simple framework for communicating can be adapted to fit each situation, regardless of it being a nurse-to-patient or a nurse-to-nurse setting.
Wearable activity monitors offer oncology care teams an unbiased glimpse into patients' health behaviors and improved reports on performance status.
Researchers accessed the SEER database and evaluated the population-based cancer survival data of 31,866 pediatric patients between the ages of 0 and 19.
ESMO has released a consensus on evidence-based criteria and proposed a classification system to prioritize genomic alterations as markers to select cancer patients for targeted therapies.
What is the concern with antioxidants and chemotherapy or radiation?
1. HER2 targeted breast cancer treatment has significantly improved prognosis. 2. Novel immune checkpoint therapies have resulted in considerable clinical response for a variety of cancer types. Evidence Rating Level: 2 (Good) Study Rundown: Cancer therapy is a continually evolving field, as researchers strive to determine the most effective methods of treating this complex disease.
Disparities persist in recommended cancer screening tests among U.S. adults, particularly among the uninsured.
A reflection on how these elements affect patients at the time of diagnosis, during their cancer journey, and how it can change their life in survivorship.
Are there resources that outline if chemo premeds must be mixed in the laminar air flow hood?
Use of opioids to manage cancer-related pain may have adverse effects of its own that can have a significant impact on healthcare use among patients with cancer.
Information patients find online can be a great concern for oncology nurses, especially when a diagnosis has an uncertain prognosis. In this follow-up study, researchers in Boston sought to determine the quality of the online resources patients with cancer, particularly pancreas, are finding.
[Cancer Management and Research] A review of the background and current challenges in 4 key areas of radiotherapy are presented, plus potential future options for creating safe and effective strategies in radiotherapy.
In a randomized study, researchers sought to determine the effect of a nurse-led care program on unscheduled hospital visits and admissions and cost for patients with breast cancer undergoing outpatient chemotherapy.
Studies conducted in people have mixed results, with some indication of increased risk of ovarian cancer.
A post-hoc analysis of the VIDA study sought to determine if vitamin D levels influence risk for cancer and/or cancer prevention.
From 1999 to 2015, overall cancer death rates decreased by 1.8 and 1.4 percent per year among men and women, respectively.
Investigators reviewed 6 opioid analgesics for package information on safe storage and disposal methods.
What are some helpful Internet resources for reliable information about herbal products?
A retrospective observational study revealed an association between complementary medicine use and patient adherence to conventional cancer treatment.
Researchers attempted to establish a baseline record of current PA and NP staffing models, practice patterns, and practice scope as the first step to inform future policy recommendations.
A population-based, case-control study identified a link between timing of meals and interval between last meal and sleep with risk of cancer, particularly of the breast and prostate.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Triplet Regimen Found Most Effective for Relapsed/Refractory Multiple Myeloma
- Integrating Preoperative Oral Care Into Cancer Treatment Plans
- Current Status and Dilemma of Second-line Treatment in Advanced Pancreatic Cancer: Is There a Silver Lining?
- American Association for Cancer Research Releases Its 2018 Annual Report
- Pulmonary Toxicity Increased in Pediatric Hodgkin Lymphoma Treated With Brentuximab Vedotin
- Benefit of Chemotherapy for Breast Cancer Observed With Midrange Gene Assay Score
- Antioxidant Interaction With Cancer Therapy
- Young Survivors of Breast Cancer Report Sexual Quality of Life Declines After Treatment
- Myeloablative Conditioning Effective in AML Secondary to MDS/MPN Prior to Allogeneic HCT
- Insurance Status Influences Overall Survival in Follicular Lymphoma
- Endocrine Society Released Guidelines for Managing Endocrine Disorders in Childhood Cancer Survivors
- Skin Cancer Screening: Are They Effective?
- Metronidazole, Vancomycin Recommended for C Difficile in Pediatric Oncology, HSCT
- CDC: HPV Vaccination Rates on the Rise Among Adolescents
- High-Dose vs Standard-Dose Flu Vaccine in Elderly Receiving Chemotherapy
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|