General Oncology News & Features
Disparities persist in recommended cancer screening tests among U.S. adults, particularly among the uninsured.
A reflection on how these elements affect patients at the time of diagnosis, during their cancer journey, and how it can change their life in survivorship.
Are there resources that outline if chemo premeds must be mixed in the laminar air flow hood?
Use of opioids to manage cancer-related pain may have adverse effects of its own that can have a significant impact on healthcare use among patients with cancer.
Information patients find online can be a great concern for oncology nurses, especially when a diagnosis has an uncertain prognosis. In this follow-up study, researchers in Boston sought to determine the quality of the online resources patients with cancer, particularly pancreas, are finding.
[Cancer Management and Research] A review of the background and current challenges in 4 key areas of radiotherapy are presented, plus potential future options for creating safe and effective strategies in radiotherapy.
In a randomized study, researchers sought to determine the effect of a nurse-led care program on unscheduled hospital visits and admissions and cost for patients with breast cancer undergoing outpatient chemotherapy.
Studies conducted in people have mixed results, with some indication of increased risk of ovarian cancer.
A post-hoc analysis of the VIDA study sought to determine if vitamin D levels influence risk for cancer and/or cancer prevention.
From 1999 to 2015, overall cancer death rates decreased by 1.8 and 1.4 percent per year among men and women, respectively.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Adhering to Cytoreductive Therapy Use May Improve Outcomes in Polycythemia Vera
- FDA, EU Approvals Sought for Split Dose Regimen of Daratumumab for Multiple Myeloma
- Alternate Dosing of Ruxolitinib May Alleviate Anemia in Myelofibrosis
- Hope, Gratitude, and Spirituality: What They Mean to Cancer Patients
- Combined Digital Screening Best for Detecting Breast Cancers
- NCCIH HerbList App Launched to Provide Information on Herbal Products
- Seeking Reliable Information on Herbal Products
- Metformin Use May Improve Survival Outcomes in Bladder Cancer
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Associated With Lower Breast Cancer Risk
- Nurse-Led Program Improves Health, Financial Outcomes in Outpatient Chemotherapy
- Oral Hydration Effectively Reduced Risk of Nephrotoxity After Cisplatin
- Young Survivors of Breast Cancer Report Sexual Quality of Life Declines After Treatment
- The Efficacy and Tolerance of High Pressure Oxygen Combined With Chemotherapy in Postoperative Patients With Advanced Gastric Cancer
- Hepatocellular Cancer Pain: Impact and Management Challenges
- Serum Albumin May Indicate Prognosis for Survival in Acute Myeloblastic Leukemia
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|