Two infants with advanced acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) achieved full remission following gene therapy involving modified autologous CAR-T cells.
[Clinical Medicine Insights] In this case study, a 63-year-old man with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (CRPC) was successfully treated for two years with in situ gene therapy using an adenovirus vector carrying the human REIC/Dkk‑3 gene.
Scientists have shown that DNA origami can be used for the targeted delivery of cancer drugs to tumor cells in mice.
Adding to the picture of what prompts breast cancer to form, researchers have found that distant estrogen response elements can act independently of oncogenes to spur tumor development.
Cellular therapy and gene therapy have been successfully combined in a mouse model to develop a viable treatment strategy for breast cancer that has spread to a patient's brain.
A gene that helps regulate bladder cancer growth and metastasis appears to be a promising target for detecting and monitoring the disease.
A small study showed the safety of using gene therapy in the salivary gland to repair damage caused by radiation for head and neck cancer.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Physical Inactivity Linked With Increased Risk of Hodgkin, Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Challenges for Young Adult Couples Facing a Cancer Diagnosis
- Progression-Free Survival Extended With PANEX Protocol in R/R Multiple Myeloma
- Following ACS Guidelines Shown to Improve Outcomes for Colon Cancer Survivors
- In Older Women With Breast Cancer QoL May Predict 10-Year Mortality
- Letter-Writing Project Communicates Care Wishes to Healthcare Team, Family
- Pivot Nurse Improves Patients' Navigation Through Lung Cancer Care
- Long-term Carfilzomib May Be Safe, Effective In Relapsed Multiple Myeloma
- Palliative Sedation a Valid Option for Refractory Symptoms in End-stage Cancer
- Testicular Cancer Treatment May Increase Risk for Heart Disease in Survivors
- Spotlight on Triptorelin in the Treatment of Premenopausal Women with Early-Stage Breast Cancer
- Redefining Prognosis for Hematologic Cancers in Older Adults by Age
- Outcomes for Elderly With Hematologic Cancers Effected by Cognitive Impairments
- Evolving Role of Radiation Therapy in the Treatment of Mesothelioma
- FDA Approves Fostamatinib for ITP After Insufficient Response to Previous Treatment
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|