Generic Name and Formulations:
Cromolyn sodium 100mg/5mL; oral concentrate; preservative-free.
Indications for GASTROCROM:
Mix contents of amp in water and drink. ≥13yrs: 200mg 4 times daily, at regular intervals, ½ hour before meals and at bedtime; may increase if insufficient response within 2–3 weeks. Max 40mg/kg per day; maintain at lowest effective dose.
Mix contents of amp in water and drink. <2yrs: usually not recommended; see literature. 2–12yrs: 100mg 4 times daily, at regular intervals, ½ hour before meals and at bedtime; may increase if insufficient response within 2–3 weeks. Max 40mg/kg per day; maintain at lowest effective dose.
Renal or hepatic dysfunction, reduce dose. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Mast cell stabilizer.
Headache, GI upset, pruritus, myalgia, rash, irritability, malaise.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Study Finds Association Between Folate Intake and Risk of Cutaneous Melanoma
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|