Generic Name and Formulations:
Gadobutrol 604.72mg/mL (1mmol/mL); soln for IV inj; preservative-free.
Indications for GADAVIST:
For use with MRI: in adults and children (including term neonates) to detect and visualize areas with disrupted blood brain barrier and/or abnormal vascularity of the CNS; or, to assess the presence and extent of malignant breast disease.
Adults and Children:
Give 0.1mL/kg (0.1mmol/kg) IV at a rate of 2mL/second, followed by a saline flush (to ensure complete injection).
Increased risk of nephrogenic systemic fibrosis among patients with renal impairment (eg, >60yrs, diabetes mellitus, chronic hypertension). Chronic, severe kidney disease (GFR <30mL/min/1.73m2). Acute kidney injury. Screen for renal impairment and other conditions. Do not exceed recommended dose; allow sufficient period of time for elimination prior to re-administration. History of reaction to contrast media, asthma and/or allergic disorders. Have resuscitative equipment available. Monitor for signs/symptoms of hypersensitivity reactions. Avoid extravasation. Gadavist MRI may overestimate extent of malignancy in the diseased breast up to 50% of patients. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Do not mix with other drugs.
Paramagnetic contrast agent (Gadolinium-based).
Headache, nausea, dizziness; nephrogenic systemic fibrosis, hypersensitivity reactions.
Single-dose vials (2mL)—15; (7.5mL, 10mL, 15mL)—20; Single-use prefilled syringes (7.5mL, 10mL, 15mL)—5
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Follow-Up After Treatment Lacking for Younger Cancer Survivors
- Adjuvant Vemurafenib Does Not Improve Disease-Free Survival in Melanoma
- Profile of Buparlisib and its Potential in the Treatment of Breast Cancer: Evidence to Date
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|