A reflection on how these elements affect patients at the time of diagnosis, during their cancer journey, and how it can change their life in survivorship.
This installment demonstrates how the caregiver's cancer journey often parallels that of the patient with cancer, highlighting their need for evolving support through survivorship.
Marissa Fors, director of CancerCare's Susan G. Komen® Breast Care Helpline, talked with Dr Penelope Damaskos, of Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, about breast cancer risk and related challenges for women who identify as lesbian and their healthcare providers.
A cancer diagnosis can alter life plans for a young adult couple, completely upending their carefully thought out plans. Understanding their unique challenges can ensure oncology nurses are prepared to help these patients and their partners face an uncertain future.
Reintegration to the general environment, particularly to school, can be challenging for survivors of childhood cancers. This review discusses how adverse effects such as chemo brain may present extra challenges for these patients and what can be done to ease patients' anxiety.
Modern oncologic care entails actively pursuing treatment and cure; however, at the end of life, the ability to share silence may be the best treatment.
A cancer diagnosis is wrought with challenges for young adults. This article identifies the unique support needs for patients aged 20 to 39 years with cancer.
As the holidays approach, offering these SUPPORT tips can help caregivers of patients with cancer make the most of the seasonal activities and the time with their loved ones.
The transition from active treatment to survivorship for patients with breast cancer can be as complex as the disease. An oncology social worker discusses the challenges of this "new unknown" in the continuum of care.
Caregivers of patients with malignant brain tumors often bear additional burdens in their role, as these patients often experience cognition-related adverse effects as well as the effects of their cancer and its treatment.
Cancer Fact Sheets
This fact sheet defines computed tomography (CT), explains its use in cancer detection, and answers questions regarding radiation exposure from CT use.
This fact sheet explores links between garlic and cancer prevention, including study and clinical trials evidence and safety concerns.
This fact sheet defines radon and reviews radon-related cancer risks.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Is Radioimmunotherapy a Path Forward for Melanoma?
- FDA Approves Mogamulizumab-kpkc for Rare Subtypes of Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- New PDL1 Inhibitors for Non-small Cell Lung Cancer: Focus on Pembrolizumab
- Intensive Chemotherapy May Not Be Effective in MDS or AML After MDS
- ASCO Endorses SIO Guideline for Integrative Therapies in Breast Cancer
- Seeking Reliable Information on Herbal Products
- NCCIH HerbList App Launched to Provide Information on Herbal Products
- Metformin Use May Improve Survival Outcomes in Bladder Cancer
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Associated With Lower Breast Cancer Risk
- Nurse-Led Program Improves Health, Financial Outcomes in Outpatient Chemotherapy
- Adhering to Cytoreductive Therapy Use May Improve Outcomes in Polycythemia Vera
- Disparities Remain in Prevalence of Cancer Screening Tests
- Hope, Gratitude, and Spirituality: What They Mean to Cancer Patients
- FDA, EU Approvals Sought for Split Dose Regimen of Daratumumab for Multiple Myeloma
- 8 Hours of Bedrest May Be Ideal After Intrathecal Chemotherapy in Hematologic Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|