Generic Name and Formulations:
Fosinopril sodium, hydrochlorothiazide; 10mg/12.5mg, 20mg/12.5mg; tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Fosinopril/Hydrochlorothiazide:
Hypertension. Not for initial therapy.
Give once daily. Usual range: fosinopril: 10–20mg; HCTZ: 12.5–50mg. Severe renal impairment (CrCl<30mL/min): not recommended.
Anuria. Hypersensitivity to ACE inhibitors, sulfonamide-derived drugs.
Discontinue if angioedema, laryngeal edema, jaundice, or markedly elevated liver enzymes occurs. Salt/volume depletion; correct before initiating therapy. Renal or hepatic impairment. CHF. Dialysis (esp. high-flux membrane). Renal artery stenosis. Surgery. Diabetes. Gout. SLE. Monitor WBCs in renal or collagen vascular disease. Monitor electrolytes, BUN (if high). Pregnancy (Cat.C in 1st trimester; Cat.D in 2nd and 3rd trimester). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
ACE inhibitor + diuretic (thiazide).
Potassium or K+-sparing diuretics may cause hyperkalemia. May increase lithium levels. Antagonized by NSAIDs. Separate antacid dosing by 2hrs. May cause false low serum digoxin measurements. May antagonize norepinephrine, methenamine. May potentiate nondepolarizing muscle relaxants. Adjust antidiabetic, antigout medications. ACTH, corticosteroids increase hypokalemia risk. May interfere with parathyroid tests. Nitritoid reactions with injectable gold.
Headache, cough, fatigue; hyperkalemia, orthostatic hypotension, angioedema (discontinue if occurs).
Formerly known under the brand name Monopril HCT.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Adhering to Cytoreductive Therapy Use May Improve Outcomes in Polycythemia Vera
- FDA, EU Approvals Sought for Split Dose Regimen of Daratumumab for Multiple Myeloma
- Alternate Dosing of Ruxolitinib May Alleviate Anemia in Myelofibrosis
- Hope, Gratitude, and Spirituality: What They Mean to Cancer Patients
- Combined Digital Screening Best for Detecting Breast Cancers
- NCCIH HerbList App Launched to Provide Information on Herbal Products
- Seeking Reliable Information on Herbal Products
- Metformin Use May Improve Survival Outcomes in Bladder Cancer
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Associated With Lower Breast Cancer Risk
- Nurse-Led Program Improves Health, Financial Outcomes in Outpatient Chemotherapy
- Oral Hydration Effectively Reduced Risk of Nephrotoxity After Cisplatin
- Young Survivors of Breast Cancer Report Sexual Quality of Life Declines After Treatment
- The Efficacy and Tolerance of High Pressure Oxygen Combined With Chemotherapy in Postoperative Patients With Advanced Gastric Cancer
- Hepatocellular Cancer Pain: Impact and Management Challenges
- Serum Albumin May Indicate Prognosis for Survival in Acute Myeloblastic Leukemia
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|