Generic Name and Formulations:
Fosinopril sodium, hydrochlorothiazide; 10mg/12.5mg, 20mg/12.5mg; tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Fosinopril/Hydrochlorothiazide:
Hypertension. Not for initial therapy.
Give once daily. Usual range: fosinopril: 10–20mg; HCTZ: 12.5–50mg. Severe renal impairment (CrCl<30mL/min): not recommended.
Anuria. Hypersensitivity to ACE inhibitors, sulfonamide-derived drugs.
Discontinue if angioedema, laryngeal edema, jaundice, or markedly elevated liver enzymes occurs. Salt/volume depletion; correct before initiating therapy. Renal or hepatic impairment. CHF. Dialysis (esp. high-flux membrane). Renal artery stenosis. Surgery. Diabetes. Gout. SLE. Monitor WBCs in renal or collagen vascular disease. Monitor electrolytes, BUN (if high). Pregnancy (Cat.C in 1st trimester; Cat.D in 2nd and 3rd trimester). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Potassium or K+-sparing diuretics may cause hyperkalemia. May increase lithium levels. Antagonized by NSAIDs. Separate antacid dosing by 2hrs. May cause false low serum digoxin measurements. May antagonize norepinephrine, methenamine. May potentiate nondepolarizing muscle relaxants. Adjust antidiabetic, antigout medications. ACTH, corticosteroids increase hypokalemia risk. May interfere with parathyroid tests. Nitritoid reactions with injectable gold.
ACE inhibitor + diuretic (thiazide).
Headache, cough, fatigue; hyperkalemia, orthostatic hypotension, angioedema (discontinue if occurs).
Formerly known under the brand name Monopril HCT.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Follow-Up After Treatment Lacking for Younger Cancer Survivors
- Adjuvant Vemurafenib Does Not Improve Disease-Free Survival in Melanoma
- Profile of Buparlisib and its Potential in the Treatment of Breast Cancer: Evidence to Date
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|