FORFIVO XL Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Bupropion HCl 450mg; ext-rel tabs.
Indications for FORFIVO XL:
Major depressive disorder.
Do not use for initiation treatment; use other bupropion forms for initial dose titration. Swallow whole. One tab (450mg) once daily. May be used in patients receiving 300mg/day of another bupropion forms for at least 2 weeks and requiring a 450mg/day dose. Taper dose using another bupropion form prior to stopping Forfivo XL. Switching from other bupropion forms at 450mg/day: give equivalent dose of Forfivo XL once daily. Switching to/from MAOIs: see full labeling.
Seizure disorders. Bulimia. Anorexia nervosa. During or within 14 days of MAOIs. Concomitant linezolid or IV methylene blue. Abrupt withdrawal of alcohol, benzodiazepines, barbiturates, antiepileptics. Other forms of bupropion-containing products.
Increased risk of suicidal thinking and behavior in children, adolescents, and young adults; monitor all patients for clinical worsening or unusual behavioral changes. Monitor for neuropsychiatric adverse events (eg, behavioral changes, agitation, depression, suicidal ideation); discontinue if occur. Pre-existing psychiatric disorders. Not for treating bipolar depression or for smoking cessation. Risk of seizures; discontinue if occurs: do not restart. Monitor BP prior to initiation and periodically during treatment. Bipolar disorder. Mania/hypomania. Angle-closure glaucoma. Unstable heart disease. CHF. Recent MI. Hepatic or renal impairment: not recommended. Reevaluate periodically. Write ℞ for smallest practical amount. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. Do not start with concomitant linezolid or IV methylene blue; if treatment necessary, discontinue bupropion before starting. Monitor for 2 weeks or until 24hrs after last dose of linezolid or IV methylene blue, whichever comes first. Concomitant CYP2B6 inhibitors (eg, ticlopidine or clopidogrel): not recommended. Avoid alcohol. Caution with levodopa, amantadine. Caution with drugs that lower seizure threshold (eg, theophylline, antidiabetics, anorectics, CNS stimulants, systemic steroids, antidepressants, antipsychotics) or factors that lower seizure threshold (eg, opiate or cocaine addiction, excessive use of alcohol or sedatives). May be antagonized by CYP2B6 inducers (eg, ritonavir, lopinavir, efavirenz, carbamazepine, phenobarbital, phenytoin); may need bupropion dose increase. May potentiate drugs metabolized by CYP2D6 (eg, venlafaxine, nortriptyline, imipramine, desipramine, paroxetine, fluoxetine, sertraline, haloperidol, risperidone, thioridazine, metoprolol, propafenone, flecainide); consider dose reduction of these drugs. May antagonize tamoxifen. Monitor for hypertension with nicotine replacement. May cause false (+) urine immunoassay test results for amphetamines.
Dry mouth, nausea, insomnia, dizziness, pharyngitis, abdominal pain, agitation, anxiety, tremor, palpitation, sweating, tinnitus, myalgia, anorexia, urinary frequency, rash; hypertension, hypersensitivity (discontinue if occurs).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Obesity, Male Gender May Improve Survival Outcomes with Targeted and Immunotherapy in Melanoma
- Apalutamide Prolongs Time to Metastasis in Castration-resistant Prostate Cancer
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
- Zinc Sulfate Improves Chemotherapy-Induced Mucositis Outcomes in Leukemia
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Travel Distance to Prostate Cancer Treatment Influences Treatment Choice
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|