FORFIVO XL Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Bupropion HCl 450mg; ext-rel tabs.
Indications for FORFIVO XL:
Major depressive disorder.
Do not use for initiation treatment; use other bupropion forms for initial dose titration. Swallow whole. One tab (450mg) once daily. May be used in patients receiving 300mg/day of another bupropion forms for at least 2 weeks and requiring a 450mg/day dose. Taper dose using another bupropion form prior to stopping Forfivo XL. Switching from other bupropion forms at 450mg/day: give equivalent dose of Forfivo XL once daily. Switching to/from MAOIs: see full labeling.
Seizure disorders. Bulimia. Anorexia nervosa. During or within 14 days of MAOIs. Concomitant linezolid or IV methylene blue. Abrupt withdrawal of alcohol, benzodiazepines, barbiturates, antiepileptics. Other forms of bupropion-containing products.
Suicidal thoughts and behaviors.
Increased risk of suicidal thinking and behavior in children, adolescents, and young adults; monitor all patients for clinical worsening or unusual behavioral changes. Monitor for neuropsychiatric adverse events (eg, behavioral changes, agitation, depression, suicidal ideation); discontinue if occur. Pre-existing psychiatric disorders. Not for treating bipolar depression or for smoking cessation. Risk of seizures; discontinue if occurs: do not restart. Monitor BP prior to initiation and periodically during treatment. Bipolar disorder. Mania/hypomania. Angle-closure glaucoma. Unstable heart disease. CHF. Recent MI. Hepatic or renal impairment: not recommended. Reevaluate periodically. Write ℞ for smallest practical amount. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. Do not start with concomitant linezolid or IV methylene blue; if treatment necessary, discontinue bupropion before starting. Monitor for 2 weeks or until 24hrs after last dose of linezolid or IV methylene blue, whichever comes first. Concomitant CYP2B6 inhibitors (eg, ticlopidine or clopidogrel): not recommended. Avoid alcohol. Caution with levodopa, amantadine. Caution with drugs that lower seizure threshold (eg, theophylline, antidiabetics, anorectics, CNS stimulants, systemic steroids, antidepressants, antipsychotics) or factors that lower seizure threshold (eg, opiate or cocaine addiction, excessive use of alcohol or sedatives). May be antagonized by CYP2B6 inducers (eg, ritonavir, lopinavir, efavirenz, carbamazepine, phenobarbital, phenytoin); may need bupropion dose increase. May potentiate drugs metabolized by CYP2D6 (eg, venlafaxine, nortriptyline, imipramine, desipramine, paroxetine, fluoxetine, sertraline, haloperidol, risperidone, thioridazine, metoprolol, propafenone, flecainide); consider dose reduction of these drugs. May antagonize tamoxifen. Monitor for hypertension with nicotine replacement. May cause false (+) urine immunoassay test results for amphetamines.
Dry mouth, nausea, insomnia, dizziness, pharyngitis, abdominal pain, agitation, anxiety, tremor, palpitation, sweating, tinnitus, myalgia, anorexia, urinary frequency, rash; hypertension, hypersensitivity (discontinue if occurs).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Study Finds Association Between Folate Intake and Risk of Cutaneous Melanoma
- Melanoma Outcomes Improved With Nivolumab Alone or Plus Ipilimumab
- Oral Contraceptive Use May Not Be Associated With Increased Melanoma Risk
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Staff Education Leads to Increase in Oncology Rehabilitation Referrals
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Gender Bias in Medicine Has Far-Reaching Consequences
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- Patient Interest in Melanoma Genetic Risk Testing is Fairly High
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|