FLUZONE INTRADERMAL Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Trivalent inactivated "split virus" influenza vaccine (Types A and B); 0.1mL dose contains a total of 27mcg of influenza virus hemmagglutinin; formulation changes annually; susp for intradermal inj.
Sanofi Pasteur, Inc.
Indications for FLUZONE INTRADERMAL:
18–64yrs: One dose per year. 0.1mL intradermally in the region of the deltoid.
<18yrs: not recommended. Use Fluzone IM.
Allergy to egg proteins. Life-threatening reaction to any previous flu vaccine.
Use current formulation only. Guillain-Barre syndrome within 6 weeks of previous flu vaccine. Immunosuppressed. Have epinephrine inj (1:1000) available. Pregnancy (Cat.C for IM and High-Dose; Cat.B for Intradermal, Intradermal Quadrivalent). Nursing mothers.
Immunosuppressants: may get suboptimal response.
Local reactions (eg, pain, tenderness, swelling, erythema), malaise, headache, myalgia, irritability.
Fluzone, Fluzone Quadrivalent prefilled syringe (0.25mL, 0.5mL)—10; Single-dose vial (0.5mL)—10; Fluzone multi-dose vial (5mL)—1 (contains thimerosal); Fluzone High-Dose prefilled syringe (0.5mL)—10; Fluzone Intradermal, Fluzone Intradermal Quadrivalent single-dose prefilled microinjection system (0.1mL)—10
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Study Finds Association Between Folate Intake and Risk of Cutaneous Melanoma
- Qualitative Analysis of Myeloma Patients' Experience Following Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant
- Melanoma Outcomes Improved With Nivolumab Alone or Plus Ipilimumab
- Involved-Field Radiotherapy Plus Chemotherapy Prolonged PFS in Follicular Lymphoma
- Patient Fears of Placebo Use in Clinical Trials
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|