Generic Name and Formulations:
Fluticasone propionate 50mcg; per nasal spray; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Indications for FLUTICARE :
Relieves symptoms of hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies.
Initially 2 sprays in each nostril once daily for Week 1, then 1 or 2 sprays in each nostril once daily as needed for Week 2 through 6 months. Reevaluate after 6 months.
<4yrs: not recommended. Use for the shortest duration necessary to achieve response. ≥4yrs: 1 spray in each nostril once daily. Reevaluate after 2 months.
Not for treating asthma. Injury or surgery to nose that is not fully healed: not recommended. Discontinue if exposed to chicken pox, measles, or tuberculosis. Glaucoma. Cataracts. Discontinue if whistling sound from nose, visual disturbances, severe or frequent nosebleeds occur. Discontinue if no improvement within 7 days after starting or if new symptoms (eg, facial pain, nasal discharge) develop. Avoid eyes or mouth. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Caution with concomitant ritonavir, ketoconazole, other steroids.
Stinging, sneezing, whistling sound, blurred or reduced vision, reduced growth rate in children, allergic reaction (discontinue if occurs).
Spray—16g (120 sprays)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|