FLOVENT DISKUS Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Fluticasone propionate 50mcg/inh, 100mcg/inh, 250mcg/inh; dry pwd for inhalation; blisters with inhalation device.
Indications for FLOVENT DISKUS:
Maintenance treatment of asthma as prophylactic therapy.
Limitations Of use:
Not for the relief of acute bronchospasm.
Previously on bronchodilators alone: initially 100mcg twice daily (approx. 12hrs apart); max 1000mcg twice daily. Rinse mouth after use. Titrate to lowest effective dose after stability achieved. Re-evaluate if inadequate control.
<4yrs: not established. 4–11yrs: Previously on bronchodilators alone: initially 50mcg twice daily (approx. 12hrs apart); max 100mcg twice daily. Rinse mouth after use. Titrate to lowest effective dose after stability achieved. Re-evaluate if inadequate control.
Primary treatment of status asthmaticus or other acute attacks requiring intensive measures. Severe milk protein hypersensitivity.
Maintain regular regimen. Infections. If exposed to chickenpox or measles, consider anti-infective prophylactic therapy. If adrenal insufficiency exists following systemic corticosteroid therapy, replacement with inhaled corticosteroids may exacerbate symptoms of adrenal insufficiency (eg, lassitude). Change in vision or history of increased intraocular pressure, glaucoma, and/or cataracts; monitor. Monitor for reduction in bone mineral density if other osteoporosis risk factors exist; and for growth suppression in children; hypercorticism and HPA axis suppression (if occur discontinue gradually). Eosinophilic conditions. Hepatic impairment (monitor). Transferring from oral corticosteroids: see full labeling. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Concomitant strong CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, ritonavir, ketoconazole): not recommended.
Upper respiratory tract infection/inflammation, throat irritation, sinusitis, rhinitis, oral candidiasis, nausea, vomiting, GI discomfort, fever, cough, bronchitis, headache; immunosuppression, adrenal suppression, bronchospasm, hypersensitivity reactions.
Diskus (60 blisters)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Follow-Up After Treatment Lacking for Younger Cancer Survivors
- Adjuvant Vemurafenib Does Not Improve Disease-Free Survival in Melanoma
- Profile of Buparlisib and its Potential in the Treatment of Breast Cancer: Evidence to Date
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|