FLONASE SENSIMIST OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Fluticasone furoate 27.5mcg; per nasal spray; scent- and alcohol-free.
Indications for FLONASE SENSIMIST:
Relieves symptoms of hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies. Ocular symptom relief (in patients ≥12yrs).
Initially 2 sprays in each nostril once daily for Week 1, then 1 or 2 sprays in each nostril once daily as needed for Week 2 through 6 months. Reevaluate after 6 months.
<2yrs: not recommended. Use for the shortest duration necessary to achieve response. ≥2–11yrs: 1 spray in each nostril once daily. Reevaluate after 2 months.
Not for treating asthma. Injury or surgery to nose that is not fully healed: not recommended. Discontinue if exposed to chicken pox, measles, or tuberculosis. Glaucoma. Cataracts. Discontinue if whistling sound from nose, visual disturbances, severe or frequent nosebleeds occur. Discontinue if no improvement within 7 days after starting or if new symptoms (eg, facial pain, nasal discharge) develop. Avoid eyes or mouth. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Caution with concomitant ritonavir, ketoconazole, other steroids.
Stinging, sneezing, headaches, dry/irritated nose or throat, nosebleeds, whistling sound, blurred or reduced vision, reduced growth rate in children, allergic reaction (discontinue if occurs).
Spray—9.9mL (60 sprays); 15.8mL (120 sprays)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Real World Results May Not Mirror Clinical Study Outcomes in Multiple Myeloma
- Is Radioimmunotherapy a Path Forward for Melanoma?
- Handling Chemotherapy Premedications
- FDA Approves Mogamulizumab-kpkc for Rare Subtypes of Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- New PDL1 Inhibitors for Non-small Cell Lung Cancer: Focus on Pembrolizumab
- NCCIH HerbList App Launched to Provide Information on Herbal Products
- Metformin Use May Improve Survival Outcomes in Bladder Cancer
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Associated With Lower Breast Cancer Risk
- Nurse-Led Program Improves Health, Financial Outcomes in Outpatient Chemotherapy
- Seeking Reliable Information on Herbal Products
- Disparities Remain in Prevalence of Cancer Screening Tests
- Hope, Gratitude, and Spirituality: What They Mean to Cancer Patients
- FDA, EU Approvals Sought for Split Dose Regimen of Daratumumab for Multiple Myeloma
- 8 Hours of Bedrest May Be Ideal After Intrathecal Chemotherapy in Hematologic Cancers
- Combined Digital Screening Best for Detecting Breast Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|