Generic Name and Formulations:
Tamsulosin HCl 0.4mg; caps.
Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals
Indications for FLOMAX:
Swallow whole. Take ½ hr after same meal of each day. Initially 0.4mg once daily; may increase to 0.8mg once daily after 2–4 weeks if response is inadequate. If therapy is interrupted, resume at 0.4mg once daily and retitrate.
Rule out prostate cancer. Sulfa allergy. Syncope. End-stage renal disease. Cataract or glaucoma surgery: do not initiate therapy (possible Intraoperative Floppy Iris Syndrome). Pregnancy (Cat.B).
Do not use with other α-blockers or strong CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, ketoconazole). Caution with concomitant moderate CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, erythromycin), moderate or strong CYP2D6 inhibitors (eg, paroxetine, terbinafine), or CYP2D6 poor metabolizers (esp. with tamsulosin >0.4mg/day). Caution with concomitant cimetidine (esp. with tamsulosin >0.4mg/day) or warfarin. Symptomatic hypotension with concomitant PDE5 inhibitors.
Headache, abnormal ejaculation, dizziness, rhinitis, infection, asthenia, back pain, diarrhea, pharyngitis, chest pain, nausea, tooth disorder, blurred vision, cough, somnolence, sinusitis, libido decreased, insomnia; rare: priapism.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|