Generic Name and Formulations:
Epoprostenol (as sodium) 0.5mg, 1.5mg; per vial; pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution.
Indications for FLOLAN:
Primary pulmonary hypertension. Pulmonary hypertension due to scleroderma disease in NYHA Class III and Class IV patients who do not respond adequately to conventional therapy.
Give by continuous chronic IV infusion through a central venous catheter. Initially 2 nanograms/kg per min; increase in increments of 2 nanograms/kg per min at ≥15 minute intervals until response achieved or tolerance develops. Dose decreases should be made gradually in 2 nanograms/kg/min decrements at ≥15 minute intervals until dose-limiting effects resolve.
Chronic use with CHF due to severe left ventricular systolic dysfunction. Pulmonary edema.
Avoid abrupt withdrawal or large dose reductions (may cause rebound pulmonary hypertension). Bleeding disorders. Start anticoagulant therapy, unless contraindicated. Monitor BP and heart rate for several hours after dose changes. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Labor & delivery. Nursing mothers.
Potentiated hypotensive effects with diuretics, antihypertensive agents, other vasodilators. Potentiates anticoagulants, antiplatelet agents. May potentiate digoxin (monitor).
Headache, jaw pain, flushing, GI upset, flu-like symptoms, anxiety, dizziness, tachycardia, myalgia.
Vials—1 (w. diluent)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Obesity, Male Gender May Improve Survival Outcomes with Targeted and Immunotherapy in Melanoma
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Apalutamide Prolongs Time to Metastasis in Castration-resistant Prostate Cancer
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
- Zinc Sulfate Improves Chemotherapy-Induced Mucositis Outcomes in Leukemia
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Travel Distance to Prostate Cancer Treatment Influences Treatment Choice
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|