Generic Name and Formulations:
Letrozole 2.5mg; tabs.
Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corp
Indications for FEMARA:
In postmenopausal women: Adjuvant treatment of hormone receptor positive early breast cancer; Extended adjuvant treatment of early breast cancer after 5 years of adjuvant tamoxifen therapy; First-line treatment of hormone receptor positive or unknown, locally advanced or metastatic breast cancer; Treatment of advanced breast cancer with disease progression following antiestrogen therapy.
2.5mg once daily. Adjuvant or extended adjuvant therapy: discontinue at tumor relapse; see full labeling. Advanced breast cancer: continue until tumor progression is evident. Severe hepatic impairment or cirrhosis: 2.5mg every other day.
Monitor bone mineral density, serum cholesterol. Severe renal or hepatic impairment. Embryo-fetal toxicity; exclude pregnancy prior to initiation. Use effective contraception during and for ≥3wks after last dose. Nursing mothers: not recommended (during and for ≥3wks after last dose).
Pain (bone, musculoskeletal, and others), hot flashes, arthralgia, flushing, asthenia, edema, headache, dizziness, hypercholesterolemia, sweating increased, GI upset, fatigue, somnolence, dyspnea, cough, insomnia, hypertension, anorexia, weight changes; thromboembolic or cardio- or cerebrovascular events (rare).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Follow-Up After Treatment Lacking for Younger Cancer Survivors
- Adjuvant Vemurafenib Does Not Improve Disease-Free Survival in Melanoma
- Profile of Buparlisib and its Potential in the Treatment of Breast Cancer: Evidence to Date
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|