Generic Name and Formulations:
Felodipine 2.5mg, 5mg, 10mg; ext rel tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Felodipine:
Take without food or with a light meal. Do not crush or chew. Initially 5mg once daily. Range 2.5–10mg once daily. Adjust at 2 week intervals; max 10mg daily. Elderly or hepatic dysfunction: initially 2.5mg once daily.
Heart failure. Hepatic impairment. Maintain good dental hygiene. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Calcium channel blocker (CCB) (dihydropyridine).
May increase metoprolol, tacrolimus levels. Potentiated by cimetidine. Increased bioavailability with grapefruit juice. Levels decreased with long-term anticonvulsants (eg, carbamazepine, phenytoin, phenobarbital), consider alternate antihypertensive therapy.
Peripheral edema, headache, flushing, dizziness, respiratory symptoms, weakness, cough, GI upset, gynecomastia; hypotension, tachycardia, syncope, MI, angina, gingival hyperplasia (rare).
Formerly known under the brand name Plendil.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Adhering to Cytoreductive Therapy Use May Improve Outcomes in Polycythemia Vera
- FDA, EU Approvals Sought for Split Dose Regimen of Daratumumab for Multiple Myeloma
- Alternate Dosing of Ruxolitinib May Alleviate Anemia in Myelofibrosis
- Hope, Gratitude, and Spirituality: What They Mean to Cancer Patients
- Combined Digital Screening Best for Detecting Breast Cancers
- NCCIH HerbList App Launched to Provide Information on Herbal Products
- Seeking Reliable Information on Herbal Products
- Metformin Use May Improve Survival Outcomes in Bladder Cancer
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Associated With Lower Breast Cancer Risk
- Nurse-Led Program Improves Health, Financial Outcomes in Outpatient Chemotherapy
- Oral Hydration Effectively Reduced Risk of Nephrotoxity After Cisplatin
- Young Survivors of Breast Cancer Report Sexual Quality of Life Declines After Treatment
- The Efficacy and Tolerance of High Pressure Oxygen Combined With Chemotherapy in Postoperative Patients With Advanced Gastric Cancer
- Hepatocellular Cancer Pain: Impact and Management Challenges
- Serum Albumin May Indicate Prognosis for Survival in Acute Myeloblastic Leukemia
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|