Generic Name and Formulations:
Felodipine 2.5mg, 5mg, 10mg; ext rel tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Felodipine:
Take without food or with a light meal. Do not crush or chew. Initially 5mg once daily. Range 2.5–10mg once daily. Adjust at 2 week intervals; max 10mg daily. Elderly or hepatic dysfunction: initially 2.5mg once daily.
Heart failure. Hepatic impairment. Maintain good dental hygiene. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
May increase metoprolol, tacrolimus levels. Potentiated by cimetidine. Increased bioavailability with grapefruit juice. Levels decreased with long-term anticonvulsants (eg, carbamazepine, phenytoin, phenobarbital), consider alternate antihypertensive therapy.
Calcium channel blocker (CCB) (dihydropyridine).
Peripheral edema, headache, flushing, dizziness, respiratory symptoms, weakness, cough, GI upset, gynecomastia; hypotension, tachycardia, syncope, MI, angina, gingival hyperplasia (rare).
Formerly known under the brand name Plendil.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Follow-Up After Treatment Lacking for Younger Cancer Survivors
- Adjuvant Vemurafenib Does Not Improve Disease-Free Survival in Melanoma
- Profile of Buparlisib and its Potential in the Treatment of Breast Cancer: Evidence to Date
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|