Famotidine Injection Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Famotidine 10mg/mL; soln for IV inj or infusion after dilution; multidose vials contain benzyl alcohol.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Famotidine Injection :
Hospitalized patients with pathological hypersecretory conditions, intractable ulcers, or as a short-term alternative to oral dosage forms.
Give by IV inj over 2 mins or infuse over 15–30 mins. 20mg every 12hrs.
See full labeling. Give by IV inj over 2 mins or infuse over 15 mins. <1yr: not recommended. 1–16yrs: initially 0.25mg/kg every 12hrs; max 40mg/day.
Moderate to severe renal insufficiency (CrCl <50mL/min): reduce to half the dose or prolong dosing interval to 36–48hrs. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
May give antacids concomitantly.
Headache, dizziness, constipation, diarrhea, inj site reactions; rare: CNS reactions, prolonged QT interval in impaired renal function.
Formerly known under the brand name Pepcid Injection.
Tabs—30, 100; Susp—50mL; Inj—contact supplier
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Adjuvant Vemurafenib Does Not Improve Disease-Free Survival in Melanoma
- Profile of Buparlisib and its Potential in the Treatment of Breast Cancer: Evidence to Date
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
- Zinc Sulfate Improves Chemotherapy-Induced Mucositis Outcomes in Leukemia
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|