Generic Name and Formulations:
Cevimeline HCl 30mg; caps.
Indications for EVOXAC:
Dry mouth associated with Sjogren's syndrome.
30mg three times daily.
Uncontrolled asthma. When miosis is undesirable (eg, acute iritis, narrow-angle glaucoma).
History of cardiovascular disease. Controlled asthma. Chronic bronchitis. COPD. History of nephrolithiasis or cholelithiasis. CYP2D6 deficiency. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Potentiated by CYP2D6 and CYP3A3/4 inhibitors. Possible conduction disturbances with β-adrenergic antagonists. Additive effects with parasympathomimetics. May interfere with antimuscarinics.
Excessive sweating (dehydration may develop; drink extra water), rhinitis, excessive salivation, UTI, cough, arthralgia, fatigue, insomnia, hot flushes, GI upset, visual disturbances (eg, blurring, decreased visual acuity), others.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|