Generic Name and Formulations:
Clindamycin (as phosphate) 1%; foam; contains alcohol.
Indications for EVOCLIN:
Wash and dry skin. Apply once daily. Dispense an amount that will cover the affected area(s) into cap or other cool surface. Pick up a small amount of foam with fingertips and massage into affected area(s) until foam disappears.
<12yrs: not established.
History of regional enteritis, ulcerative or antibiotic-associated colitis (including pseudomembranous colitis).
Atopic patients. Discontinue if significant diarrhea, irritation, or dermatitis occurs. Avoid contact with eyes, mouth, lips, other mucous membranes or broken skin. Discontinue if no improvement after 6–8 weeks or if condition worsens. Product is flammable. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Concomitant erythromycin-containing products: not recommended. May potentiate neuromuscular blockers. Antiperistaltic agents (eg, opiates, diphenoxylate with atropine) may prolong and/or worsen severe colitis. Cross-resistance may occur with erythromycin.
Application site reactions (eg, burning, pruritus, dryness), headache, irritation, gram (–) folliculitis, abdominal pain, Gl disturbances; rare: diarrhea, pseudomembranous colitis.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Study Finds Association Between Folate Intake and Risk of Cutaneous Melanoma
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|