Treatment with epidermal growth factor receptor inhibitor erlotinib combined with cisplatin-based chemoradiation seems safe and effective for locally advanced cervical cancer, according to a study.
Adding erlotinib did not increase treatment toxicity in squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck, but it also did not improve survival.
Pockets of resistant cancer can be treated with focused, targeted radiation while continuing chemotherapy with the targeted drugs crizotinib or erlotinib.
The plasma test VeriStrat can predict response but not survival benefit from erlotinib in patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
Time-lapse imaging, analytical tools, and software are combined to provide a detailed picture of a single tumor cell's response to a cancer drug.
Erlotinib is a marginally cost-effective treatment for patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer, according to the results of an economic analysis published in the Journal of the National Cancer Institute (2010;102(5):298-306).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Study Finds Association Between Folate Intake and Risk of Cutaneous Melanoma
- Melanoma Outcomes Improved With Nivolumab Alone or Plus Ipilimumab
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib Combination Receives FDA Approval for Mutation-Positive Melanoma
- Oral Contraceptive Use May Not Be Associated With Increased Melanoma Risk
- Certain Risk Factors May Decrease Overall Survival in Pediatric B-NHL
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Gender Bias in Medicine Has Far-Reaching Consequences
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- Patient Interest in Melanoma Genetic Risk Testing is Fairly High
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|