ENTOCORT EC Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Budesonide (micronized) 3mg; e-c granules in caps.
Indications for ENTOCORT EC:
Treatment of mild-to-moderate active Crohn's disease of the ileum and/or ascending colon in patients ≥8yrs of age and maintenance of clinical remission for up to 3 months in adults.
Swallow whole. Treatment: 9mg once daily in the AM for up to 8 wks; may repeat an 8-week course. Maintenance of remission: 6mg once daily for up to 3 months. Taper other systemic steroids when transferring to budesonide. Moderate hepatic impairment: consider 3mg once daily. Severe hepatic impairment: avoid.
<8yrs: not established. Treatment: 8–17yrs (>25kg): 9mg once daily in the AM for up to 8 wks, then 6mg once daily for 2 wks.
Systemic fungal, viral, or mycobacterial infections. Hypertension. Diabetes. Osteoporosis. Peptic ulcer. Glaucoma. Cataracts. If exposed to chickenpox or measles, consider prophylactic passive immune therapy. Supplement with systemic steroid in surgery and stress. Caution when transferring from steroids with high systemic availability. Moderate hepatic impairment: monitor for hypercorticism and consider reducing the dose. Elderly. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Avoid grapefruit juice. Systemic effects potentiated by CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, ketoconazole, itraconazole, ritonavir, indinavir, saquinavir, erythromycin, cyclosporine); avoid.
Headache, respiratory infection, nausea, back pain, dyspepsia, dizziness, abdominal pain, flatulence, vomiting, fatigue, pain; hypercorticism.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Study Finds Association Between Folate Intake and Risk of Cutaneous Melanoma
- Melanoma Outcomes Improved With Nivolumab Alone or Plus Ipilimumab
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib Combination Receives FDA Approval for Mutation-Positive Melanoma
- Certain Risk Factors May Decrease Overall Survival in Pediatric B-NHL
- Oral Contraceptive Use May Not Be Associated With Increased Melanoma Risk
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- Patient Interest in Melanoma Genetic Risk Testing is Fairly High
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Bleeding Disorder Treatments: Hemophilia A
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|